Background

Monday, June 14, 2010

Hence, my afternoon.



This morning
well, beginning last night,
I climbed up on my
soapbox.

Everyone on the whole earth was
WRONG!



This man listened to me.
He admitted he was wrong,
even though he wasn't.

Then we went out.
We were looking for peace.
I wasn't finding it and was
wishing we'd stayed home.


Then a literal
NIGHTMARE
came up behind me,
trying to take my hand.
I didn't like it.

It caused me to turn,
searching endlessly for
my greatest blessing.

When I found him
I looked into his eyes,
never wanting to blink again.


Then I cried... sobbed, really.

I climbed down off my soapbox.
He wiped away my tears.
I said I was sorry.
He said he was too.

Then we turned our backs
on the nightmare.

We walked hand in hand,
counting our blessings
and went to lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Comments From Facebook...

Amanda Perkins: Thanks krista. I love reading your blog when I am in blogging mode. You have some really great insights and thoughts. so thanks for sharing with us all.