Background

Friday, November 6, 2009

My Pop

Meet my Dad...
You can usually find him wherever we are. However, right now he's in the hospital. He's having knee replacement surgery. I'm here with him today.

He informed me last night that this was a hereditary condition. Since I seem to have inherited everything he suffers with, that means I'll be having mine replaced someday. He'll be here with me when that day comes. I'm lucky that way.

As you kneel to pray tonight, please remember my Pop.

Also remember my mom. I'm teaching her to blog while we're hangin' out. That means she'll need all the help she can get. She's NOT computer literate AND she owns a Mac... I don't know how to use a Mac! How do you teach something you don't know??!! Luckily we have nothing but time. Shaun, I'm still cussing you for this purchase, DANG IT!

3 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Oh no!!! I will keep him (and your sweet mom) in my prayers. Hopefully all goes well, and he'll be able to truck around again with no problem, with a brand spankin' new knee!!! I just love your family!!! (and you!)

Shaun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Krista....I am so sorry for you dad. I had this very surgery less than 4 months ago. I am doing better walking, but stairs still kill me. Truly, it was the one of the best/worst things I ever did for myself. I am mostly pain free, but it is still an irritant. Good luck to you dad. Make sure he does all the exercises, especially the ones that are uncomfortable.

The hardest thing for me was the straightening your leg exercise. Bending comes easier, make him practice getting his knee straight.

That's all my advice. Best wishes to all.