Background

Monday, September 14, 2015

The Woman In The Towel

Yesterday was a DREAM ... in more ways than one!!

I was at Stake Conference when all of the sudden I looked down and realized I was wearing ONLY a towel. 




I can't really explain at what point I got into the towel, for I had entered the building fully clothed!! But somehow I transformed from the woman wearing a dress to the woman who was wearing ONLY a towel!

Not only was I in a towel but it was a very TINY one. No matter how much I tugged and pulled, it stayed the same ... TINY!!




Somehow I managed to make it through the meeting.


  Surprised? 
  SHOCKED? 

 Yeah me too!!! 

You'd think someone wearing ONLY a towel would beeline it out of there!!! For some reason, I opted to stay.  Hmmmm.


You might also suspect someone would "invite" me to leave, while promising to save my seat until I returned
WITH SOME CLOTHES ON!!! 

But no one did.

In fact, no one really seemed to mind ... well except ME!!!  
I was HORRIFIED as I pulled and tugged, begging the tiny towel to get bigger!!

When the conference was over I stood in the parking lot, in my tiny towel, and waved to the speaker ... an APOSTLE ... as he drove away.


After we smiled and waved ... and as I continue to pull at the tiny towel ... the Lifeguard and I strolled through the parking lot looking for our children. Yes, I realize our children are grown ... my EMPTY NEST reminds me every day.  So it's odd we would be looking for little tots.  However, we were.

As we walked,

and I tugged, 
I turned to the Lifeguard and said, 
"Jeff!!!  This has got to be a dream!!!"


He looked me over and replied, 

"Krista, this is not a dream!! You are wearing ONLY a towel at Stake Conference!!"

I insisted it HAD to be a dream!! 

So he offered to pinch me. 
I watched him do it as he repeated, 
"You really are at Stake Conference in a towel!!"


     HOW?     

Who does that?
Who goes to Stake Conference in a towel?
I didn't even ARRIVE that way ... I just ended up that way.

   SOMEHOW!!!  

That was the last thing I remember before my eyes popped open and darted around my room.   I rose to my feet and must have had fear in my eyes because the Lifeguard said, "Honey are you okay?"



I repeated the story.  He smiled and shook his head, making me wonder if I was REALLY awake or if this was also a dream!  Let me tell you, I was totally FREAKED OUT!!


Isn't it funny how dreams can seem so real and how sometimes we are SOOO thankful they are not?!!



Aside from this NIGHTMARE, this weekend I had the opportunity to experience a real-life, wonderful



I really did attend Stake Conference ... in a dress, thank goodness!!
And I really did to wave to an apostle of the Lord as I stood in the parking lot.



Pres. Russell M. Nelson presided in our little village this past weekend.  He is indeed, the new President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
If you're wondering what this means, CLICK HERE.

There were some AMAZING words spoken as the spirit FLOODED the hearts of those in attendance.

Let me ask you if you've ever been in a church meeting where the little children were invited to stand on their chairs and wave!


After this weekend,
   I have!!   

Pres. Nelson asked all the Primary children to stand.  You know how little they are?  Even when they stood up he could not see them.  He then asked them to wave to him with both hands. Still, those little hands were buried in the mass of people.  So he asked them to stand on their chairs.




Now picture that!!  
A hundred or more Primary children, standing on their chairs, waving, with both hands to Pres. Nelson as he waved back to them!  

I'll tell you what ... it was a sight to behold!!  Every single one of those little children were grinning



Then he asked them to do him a favor.  He asked them if they would sing a song for his wife, Sis. Nelson.  He asked them to sing ...

They sang and I cried.
They sang and the Lifeguard cried.
They sang and everyone on our row cried.
They sang and I believe EVERYONE cried!

It was a very powerful moment to hear these little children share their testimonies with an Apostle of the Lord as their little voices rang out ...


These little children, some only 3 years old...
KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!

and not only that, they 
KNOW WHERE THEY CAME FROM

and not only that, they
KNOW WHERE THEY WANT TO GO
I sang those very words when I was 3 years old.

I still sing them even now and yet, I sometimes forget and find myself frustrated because I am not...


Then I'm not happy ... then no one around me is happy!!


Pres. Nelson preached something I loved ... and he didn't only preach it once, so I'm taking it as being pretty


He encouraged us to


He told us no one wants to be around someone who is crabby all the time ... and if no one wants to be around us, how can we be an influence for good?


An influence for good ... isn't that kind of a big GOAL most of us have?

My little village is full of almost perfect people.  I say almost because aren't we all trying our best to BECOME that way
As my missionary son put it today,
"With the Church, it isn't about going as much as it is about BECOMINGBECOMING a disciple of Christ is a lot more important than just going to church!"

I hope everyday I am BECOMING closer to being like the Savior, for that is my ultimate goal.  I pray while I am in the process of BECOMING, that I can also be very, very

 and while I am at it, make others around me happy too!





Krista, what is a Stake Conference?  CLICK HERE or ask me!



January 16, 2018
Pres. Russell M. Nelson
was named the 17th PROPHET of  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints making me extra thankful for the above experience!
CLICK HERE to see the press conference.

1 comment:

Kimberli said...

It really was a wonderful meeting! And I love hearing your thoughts! <3