Background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Motherella

When I was in Jr. High one of my friends called me
Kristarella
It was due to the fact that my family was large
and much was expected of me
but I have no regrets, for I can efficiently
vacuum, dust, do laundry, make dinner, throw a party,
text and talk on the phone
all at the same time.
I recently returned to a form of Kristarella this past week
when Jeff and I went to Iowa for 5 days.

He'd felt strongly that
the Saint
needed a visit
and since Ashford had
5 home games
it seemed like good timing.
But, we were not really there
to see baseball,
although it was fun.

We were really there to see
the Saint.
The Cafarelli's came over.

They've been Tyson's
"Home away from Home"

We will love them forever.

The Saint introduced us to
the King Buffet.
I loved it.
I think the Lifeguard thought
I loved it more than him.
It was a close call.
The Lifeguard got us
ice cream one night.

When they didn't have
my favorite
he bought ingredients to
concoct it ourselves.


Then I remembered I love him more than the King Buffet!

The Saint could use a
haircut,
if you didn't notice.

The Lifeguard and the Saint
went to the
Priesthood Session.
Ty's "Adopted Iowa Dad"
hugged him super tight.
It made the Lifeguard thankful.
The Saint studied at
our place too.
He like it there and
said when you're in
a cluttered space
your mind is cluttered too. 

More explanation on that later.

The Saint also slept
at our place.
The queen bed felt like
HEAVEN
compared to his twin bed
of the past 8 months.

Then we had to take
the Lifeguard
to the airport.

The goodbye was hard,
as usual.


Then the Saint and I went on
an adventure.
He took me to the see
"American Pickers".
It was awesome!


I think he was trying to
butter me up
because no sooner
did we get back
then I turned into...



-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------

Now to the "more on that later" mentioned above
and the statement that
"Cluttered spaces lead to cluttered minds."


I didn't fully understand until
the Saint invited me over to
"His Place"...
a place I'd left, 8 months ago,
well organized and lovely.


Well, all that has changed...
I think I told the Saint I wouldn't blog about this.
But seriously, maybe I didn't tell him that.
No, I'm pretty sure I did.
I'm sure he'll let me know.
Sometimes this blog gets me into trouble.

But anyway...
As I inspected, I think the word
"Hoarder" was mentioned,
followed by some hardy laughter
and after about
30 minutes, 30 hangers
and 3 trips to the dumpster
it was back to it's
"8 months earlier" state.
However, all the laundry
ended up back at
"my place".
BUT I really did smile
as I washed, dried, folded
and hung.

Then it was time for goodbye
... again.
But, the drive to the airport
along the Mississippi
and back by
American Pickers
made it a little easier.

The conversation was excellent
and I realized the kid I left in this place 8 months ago
was no longer a kid.


The Saint had
proven himself.
He'd grown up.
He can make it on his own.
I was so proud of him.
However, I'd missed
my Little One.

As I walked in the door
and searched for him
he was nowhere to be found.
He's way to busy for my good!

And even though I didn't find him,
I found this...

Motherella
picked it up.
She washed, dried,
folded, hung
and
smiled.

Because laundry is important and so are boys ... big and little

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so good to see he is surviving! I wonder somtimes if Dev will be able to function in the real world when mommy isnt around to keep him on track. I guess they grow up regardless. Ty looks good, you should be vry proud of him!

Liz said...

Krista,
It was so fun to see pictures of Ty. I'm so glad you got to visit. Ben has not invited me to see his room since he moved in. I suspect it looks much like Tyson's. I am the one with the hoarding problem though--something to work on.:) I especially love the Pres. Monson video at the end.

Anonymous said...

Love that video! I think I'm going to watch it everyday:) You're so nice to clean up his room.....I bet he's going to send you a VERY nice Mother's Day gift:) Let's do lunch next Weds??

Glen's Family of TEN said...

So I have to admit that Ashlan has been called Ashlarella on occasion because of you. You have left a legacy for even my kids. She was the only girl with five brother until these last two girls made their appearance so she reminded me of you. She is so willing to help that it is easy to take advantage...that is when she becomes my ASHLARELLA. I hope she will always have a good attitude like you and look at what it taught her. You make a FABULOUS Motherella, by the way. Even better than that Kristarella I once knew. I hope we get better with age!!?!

1 of the Grandmas said...

Oh did you bring back so many memories of cleaning bedrooms, hoping that if I cleaned it spotless for them, they would love it soooooo much, they would decide to keep it that way....I wonder how many times I cleaned with that in mind????? And by the way, you have to give me the history behind calling Jeff the "Lifeguard". And the picture with Ty standing by his bed took my breath away for a minute....I could see Jeff standing there when he was younger. (Oh, I should have said the Lifeguard!!!). Love U!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss my Kristarella, she can come home anytime!!!

I love you, mom