Background

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A New Season...


Today is the first of many days I will sit in this place. My alarm went off at 5:00 AM and not long after, my mom was climbing into my car. Our drive on the freeway, through the stoplights and up the hill was full of apprehension, but peace.

We walked through the doors and rode the elevator together. When we landed on the 2nd floor, they took her and left me, praying she would be okay by herself.

As I sit here alone and stare out the window, it's snowing. The seasons are changing, which seems fitting as my life is changing seasons as well.

It's been 2 weeks since I found out my mom might leave me sooner than I'd hoped. It's been 2 weeks since her diagnosis of Multiple Myeloma ... Cancer.

It's one of those things that takes you by surprise and stops your heart ... It's one of those things that happen to "other people".

In the chair where I sit, I'm thankful for the snow.  It makes the world seem peaceful somehow.... kind of like the strange peace I have felt in the past couple weeks.

I'll be honest, I've cried ... but my tears have been wiped away by an unseen being, whispering to me that all is well. I know it is. No matter the outcome.

It's those whisperings that will carry me through as the snow continues to fall ... and as Mom and I continue to drive up the hill ... and as I continue to stare out this window as she travels through this new season of her life.

As I sit in my chair, I know I'm really not alone. I've learned that from my Mom. It's because of her that I know that "unseen being" is not a stranger to me. He is my Father-in-Heaven ... and He is yours.

Our Father-in-Heaven doesn't let any of His children fight alone.
Not daughters staring out windows ...
Not mothers riding up hills ... 
and not you.

If you're feeling alone today, pray to Him, he'll come and sit with you.  I know He never turns down that request.

No One FIGHTS Alone


1 comment:

Glen's Family of TEN said...

Krista,
That was so beautifully written. I am sooooo sorry to hear about your mom. I will pray for peace to continue to carry you all through this difficult journey. Keep Smiling!!!
Sara Swallow