Background

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Keep it on hand

Do you ever keep something on hand
that actually isn't your favorite
and yet you replenish it as soon as it's gone?

My sweet mother-in-law does that.


She keeps those on hand
for this fella.

He is her baby.
She loves him.

She likes to
make him happy.



She wants him to have a treat when he comes
at night to help his dad into bed.
It's a sacred time for all of them.

I go with him sometimes and when I do,
this perfectly loving man usually says
it's my turn to pray.

Then he grins.





For the past few years
I have also found myself
keeping something
on hand.

There are two girls
who like
to snack on them.



We want them to have a treat when
they come to visit.
They make us smile and laugh
and sometimes
they take a turn to pray.


WHAT DO YOU KEEP ON HAND?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh.... Love this post!!!!

Rachel said...

At our house we are diet dr pepper fans. Russell recently revealed his favorite being diet Pepsi. We now have a case of diet Pepsi for when he comes over. We also know his favorite treat is German chocolate �� we love that boy!