Background

Monday, November 2, 2015

My Buddies

So my best buddies left today.

I don't know why I am SURPRISED by the flood of emotions I am feeling!


They sent me this picture this morning and it about took me to the floor.

They really are leaving!

Why this is sending me into a place of utter shock I'm not quite sure.  I've known this day was coming for a long time.


Don't get me wrong, I am so happy for them ... so, so, so happy! And I am happy for me too but at the same time I am miserable!  I call this state...
"Miserable JOY"

Trust me when I say it is
the most confusing emotion
one can feel!



I've felt it before ... twice!  But those times were different because I was EXPECTING the feeling and so I braced myself for it.

This time it caught me totally off guard.


This morning I found myself staring at the picture of them waving goodbye ... I then rocked myself in my rocking chair ... back and forth, back and forth, back and forth ... as tears slowly spilled onto my cheeks.


I thought ...
who will sneak into my kitchen on Thanksgiving morning and eat pie for breakfast, while he is "suppose" to be running errands for my mom?


Who will show up at my door and sigh while saying, "I just needed a break!", then plop on my couch and visit with me in my empty nest.


In my opinion, it is quite an
ACT OF BRAVERY
for my parents to leave this huge group of people who they love more than anyone else!!

And can I say that it's quite an ACT OF BRAVERY for this huge group of people to let them go.

Actually, it's not an act of BRAVERY at all!  It's really an ...

ACT OF

My parents love the Lord!
They know HE LIVES!
They know HE LOVES them and YOU!
They want everyone to know that!

They simply want everyone to know what they know... especially that...


So they'll be gone for 18 months sharing that wonderful message!

I'm so grateful for that, but
I MISS THEM





To my friends who are missing your buddies because they are waiting for you in Heaven, I want you to know I love you and you are HEROES to me!  And if you need one ... I will be your buddy ... until you meet up with yours again!  This little link is just for you!  CLICK HERE!

No comments: