Background

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

He is Mindful.

Life lately has been ... hard.

Don't get me wrong, I know I am truly, deeply blessed.

However, at times, even the most blessed life can be ... hard.


Tonight the Bishop called and asked if he could drop by. I knew a new calling was coming my way. I felt like I'd throw up. I knelt to pray hoping to feel a strong stirring of the Spirit telling me that I could do whatever was asked of me. However as I stood, the throw up feeling just got worse. I knew there was no calling the Bishop could give me that I could do well right now.

The doorbell rang. I made Jeff answer it. As slow as I could, I slumped to the front room and fake smiled at the Bishop. His smile was genuine. He thanked me for all I'd done for the youth in Sunday School and then ... the new calling.

As soon as he said it, the stirring I'd hoped for earlier came. An undeniable feeling rushed over me telling me that
The Lord is mindful ... of me.
He knows
life's been hard.
He's heard my frustrations and my plea's.
He's been listening.

I smiled at the Bishop.
It was genuine.
I told him "yes".
Then I smiled again.
The Lord knew what I could do.

How is it that in the season when I'm suppose to be giving gifts to Him...

He gives them to me?


I'm ditchin' the "mopey-mopey" and "busy-busy".
Wanna join in makin' a
GIANT BIRTHDAY CAKE?

5 comments:

Em said...

Welcome back blogger friend! The Lord is mindful and loves us all! I am glad you feel his love!

Rachel said...

A new calling?? Well now I'm curious! I guess I will just have to wait...
Dear Krista...I'm sorry you feel inadequate. :( I totally understand that feeling, but from all I have seen and heard, you are FANTASTIC!! This is easier said than done, but, please don't be so hard on yourself! You are remarkable!

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

You say so eloquently what I feel and have such a hard time expressing. Thank you for putting to words the sincerest feelings of the heart. I admire your wisdom and the closeness you have to the Spirit. You make a difference in my life. Thanks for being my friend.

Unknown said...

You are right -- sometimes life is hard. I too have had some hard times lately but it seems that those hard times are when I feel Heavenly Father's love the most and grow closer to him. You expressed that lesson in your post.

Anonymous said...

No, I won't call, but I will cry!!
To feel of your spirit brightens mine and brings new meaning in to my life each and every time I read your blog!

It is such an inspiration to me and always uplifts me, with either a smile on my face or a tear in my eye!

I will make the cake tomorrow and everyone that loves you as much as I do can come and join us for a piece!!

Welcome back!! I have looked for you every day and have been praying you your return.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Love ya....Mom