Background

Monday, August 18, 2008

50/20 ... Seriously?

A few weeks ago Dill had a quick eye check from the family doctor. When he couldn't see past the huge "E" at the top of the chart we thought we'd better head to the eye doctor! Before we left the office the nurse informed me that she thought he had 50/20 vision ... are you kidding me?! How could I not know this? As we got into the car Dillon turned to me and said, "I knew my eyes were bad. I haven't been able to see the board all year." When I asked why he hadn't said anything he had a quick comeback of, "Do you think I want to wear glasses?!" ... Duh Mom!
The eye doctor did agree that Dill needed glasses. 50/20 was a little harsh ... but the need is still there. Hummer's attitude has changed since he spotted the "Nike" frames. Nike makes glasses now ... who knew?

5 comments:

Em said...

Don't worry Dillon.....glasses make you look smarter! And I am sure that contacts are not too far away!

Anonymous said...

Krista, thanks for sharing all your insights, I find great strength and uplifts from your blog. I found yours by way of Taylors, via Chelci Holste (my niece in law).

I have been secretly reading yours for about 3-4 months and absolutely love them. I love your layout, your inspirational words and the spiritual uplift I get when I read them. Helps remind me to look for my blessings more often. Thanks!

Hope you don't mind.

Emily said...

I am pretty sure that all the great writers wear glasses, Dil. Plus, some cool aunts wear glasses, too! ;) Some girls even think glasses are cute on boys! Better start turning on the lights when you read, anyway! :)... actually I should make my smiling face look like this.., 8) lol

Krista said...

HEY TERESA...
You're awesome and we love ya! Drop by anytime - all are welcome!
Love, Jeff and Krista

Lacey Sue said...

That is so funny! I did the same thing to my mom in 8th grade. I waited like 5 months before I said anything to her...and I only decided to tell her after a health fair in P.E SHOWED me on an eye test how BAD my eyes were...I totally feel for him...I have now worn contacts/glasses for 12 years bud...it doesn't get ANY better :)! hehehee