Background

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I SPY...

This has been quite a holiday season.
To make a long story short... we've been playing
"I spy an APOSTLE"...

It all began at the TOP... yes, with the prophet. We were at dinner and in walked Pres. Monson with his wife. He stopped to shake Tyson's hand. Then he asked Dillon if he was going on a mission. When Dillon replied with a "yes" the prophet then said, "Okay, you promised me ." I can't even tell you the impact this had on our boys... not to mention us and Grandma Hutch (who was with us). It was an incredible experience. Oh... what a way to begin the Holidays!

We couldn't believe it when only 4 days later we spotted another. We were in a concert when Jeff whispered to me, "There is Elder Uchtdorf". I didn't believe him but upon further starring, it was him right him in front of us with his wife. We had the opportunity to shake his hand later that night.

During intermission of this same concert, as we were watching Elder Uchtdorf... Jeff turned around for a little stretch. Then he said, "Krista, you will not believe this... Dallin H. Oaks is behind us." Again, not believing, I turned to look and sure enough he was. We were spinning at the chain of events.

It was fun to text our family and let them know every time we "spied" someone new. My brother told me that he was tempted to send me a text that read: "Krista, be careful backing out of the concert tonight. I'm sure Elder Eyring will be standing behind your car. Try not to run over him." Sadly enough, we never spotted him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is really the only thing I can say.