Background

Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday-nnnnnnnnnn.

You can view Monday one of two ways...

ONE ... Oh, it's Monday.
My life is so Monday-nnnnnnn!

(mundane)
or
TWO ... Oh, it's Monday!
I can start anew.


I wonder which one I'm leaning towards today.

Friday I shut the laundry room door.
ALL the laundry was
washed, folded and put away.
Today, 2 days later
(one of those days being Sunday with not much changing of clothes),
I opened my laundry room door to this ...

"I do only have 2 children, right?"


I wandered around checking for evidence...

I counted beds ... 2
I counted closets ... 2
I counted toothbrushes ... 2
and yes, there are indeed
only 2 children living here.

"How do 2 children do this?"

Then I remembered the teenage
SOCIAL SCENE!
The days when every weekend is "Starting Anew"...

New games.
New movies.
New plans.
New get-togethers.
New fun.

Their "NEW life" leads to my every Monday being...
Monday-nnnnnnn.

After a moment of staring at the laundry room floor in shock and awe I said,
"It's okay. I'll take it!"


Because the mundane-ness of it all means there are 2 boys who get to have new JOY every week.

Not to mention it is proof they still live with me and I need to proof because their actual faces are rarely seen... you know, because they have "a life" .



I realized (while filling the washing machine for the billionth time) that soon enough I'll just be washing old man socks and old woman flannel pajamas.


I'll start "anew" when that day comes.
For now, I'm happy with the
MONDAY-NNNNNNNNNN.


Plus, uniforms are more of a challenge to get clean than old woman pajamas!

Oh wait, if I know that to be true does that mean I'm ALREADY washing old woman pajamas?!

DANG!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least you can say at one time you had it all done......I've haven't been able to say that for a long time!

Brenda's Blunders said...

I like your positive thinking, I will look at laundry with gratitude for the kids that I have. ha ha ha :)

Angela said...

I hear ya! I can't believe how much laundry can pile up! One day we'll miss it! (MAYBE).

Natalie said...

i wish my laundry room was the only place I had laundry stashed. Right now I have a HUGE pile in Rigs room, TWO FULL laundry baskets in my closet, and 2 hampers full in the girls room. It doesn't help that rigdon throws up on everything in sight. Wanna trade? Your laundry room, for my baskets and baskets full?

Anonymous said...

Well, speaking of the old man socks and flannel PJ's, I guess you would say your mom is there.

The fact is I just loaded the laundry with colors, after 5 days, and decided that I'd better wait til grandma has her bath today to make a larger batch, as the whites sit another day growing into a half batch.

I have admit I love to go laundry and witness the clean clothes washed, folded and put neatly away, so I kinda miss those piles of kids memories.

For those of you who need a helping hand drop a few batches of here, I'd be glad to wash a basket or two. Sorry, Natalie, the air fare probably wouldn't be forth it.

Happy sorting, Grandma Bea

Anonymous said...

Comments from Facebook...

Lisa Wilcock Bundy: I will trade you laundry any day

Alexandra JoDean Johnson: Have I ever told you I love your blog? Well I do.

Krista Johnson Hutchins: No Ally... you have NEVER told me that... I'm glad! Lisa, you can keep your laundry and I'll promise to stop complaining! LOL! :)

Hillary Hawker: I love it too Krista, its so fun and uplifting to read, i always head for your blog when im online and having one of 'THOSE' days lol

Krista Johnson Hutchins: Thanks Hillary. I'm a rambler ... but it's what I do! I'm glad it makes sense to someone! I love you!

Hillary Hawker: I love you too Krista!! :)