Background

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Lost In Action

Yesterday was interesting...
frustrating ...
it could have been scary if we'd let it.


As you know our son is serving a mission for our church in the Dominican Republic.
Is it a dangerous country?


You could ask the opinion our friends who were held up at gun point while on vacation there!  But let's be real ... that could happy ANYWHERE!!

Our Elder Hutchins has the opinion that it's the best place on earth (aside from home).
He LOVES it there, as he should!


But in light of our friends and their friendly experience, yesterday COULD have been frightening when Elder Hutchins was online and then gone in an instant, without sending an email.


I could have let my mind wander and focus on the fact that "perhaps" he lives in a dangerous place.


Instead I chose to assume the Taco Man had stopped by and he just couldn't resist buying ANOTHER empanada.  He does love those!!


I had the option to go the Taco Man route because, deep down in my soul, I know Dillon's name tag keeps him safe!! So I wasn't really worried about him. 


However, I was a little SAD to not hear the antics of his week.

I was a little SAD to not hear how he loves his new companion ... Elder Beard from Beaver, UT ... his FIRST companion from Utah and only his second from America!

I was a little SAD to not see "haha!" written a thousands times, like he does in every letter.  He leaves you literally being able to hear him laugh.  How does someone even accomplish that?  Only Hummer!!

I was a little SAD to not hear, "Thanks for all you do for me!"

I was a little SAD to not hear, "I love you!"

I went to bed feeling...
a little SAD.

But this morning the sadness was shattered as his voice came tumbling into our email boxes ... complete with laughs, thanks and love.


We also learned there was no gun point or taco man keeping him from us yesterday, just a down internet connection.

His voice had never sounded so good!!



While reading and re-reading Hummer's email this morning, someone came to my mind.



I found myself reflecting and asking...

How often is my Heavenly Father a little sad not to hear 
my doings ...
my love for others ...
my "haha" moments ...
my thanks ...
my love?

Sometimes my prayers get so repetitious that I forget He is interested in all of those things!  Even if they seem very small and unimportant to us ... they are ALL important to Him, because WE are important to Him!


You know, we've heard from Dillon EVERY week for the past 50 weeks, WITHOUT FAIL and yet, this ONE missed week was so sad for us .. it brought tears just because we love that son of ours so much!!



I sometimes forget Heavenly Father loves me just as much ... probably more, even though I can't comprehend that!  When I forget to pray or heaven forbid am TOO TIRED to kneel, He misses me ... He misses you!


Perhaps you can join me in making this day one where Heavenly Father hears from all of us!

Perhaps today He can hear from me and also hear from

Tell Him what your doing.
Tell Him how you love others.
Tell Him what makes you happy.
Tell Him thank you.
Tell Him you love Him.


There are no sweeter words a parent can hear!
Trust me ...


And also,
if you haven't told your parents
or your kiddos
how much you love them today ...
and quick text, email or phone call
would make them smile!



Trust me...


Are you not sure how to pray?
You're not alone!
CLICK HERE for a little help.

1 comment:

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

I sure love your insights, humor and motivation to move my feet or heart, or legs, or whatever else it might be that needs moving. THANK YOU Krista!