Background

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama

As I have spent this Historic Day in front of the TV, I have been surprised at the JOY I've felt. JOY that I'm alive to witness the happenings of this day... JOY that my children were let out of class to witness it also...
JOY that they understand they've been a part of history... JOY that we have ALL been apart of history... but most of all, JOY for all the African-Americans who never thought this day would come.

Today I was proud to be an American. I was proud to see young & old, black & white, disabled & not and even, Republican & Democrat, stand together to cheer for new HOPE in our country.

I will admit that I did not vote for Barack Obama. However, now that he is our President, I will support him and pray for him everyday... and I will join with him in saying
YES WE CAN!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for this post, Krista. I needed someone whose opinions I really respect to give me some perspective. Quite honestly, I was really disheartened with the results this year and I haven't felt much hope at all; however, I feel uplifted. Love you!

Rachel said...

I didn't hurt until I woke up yesterday morning, however, I have faith it isn't anything that will last.
As far as heat, it's funny you brought that up. Do you remember back when we were in primary, you gave little rice bags to the teachers as a valentine? Well, I still have mine (use it all the time). I heated it up last night and it has been perfect!

Taylor said...

I felt the same as you as I watched... there was hope and excitement and people wanting to work together and be better!

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Thanks for the perspective. I hope and pray that President Obama will be able to lead our Nation to peace and prosperity. I too will support and pray for him and all those who will work beside him.

I too felt joy for those African-American's who have waited a very long time for a day such as this. I have never felt (or so I think) prejudice for those of color, I hope that all people can and will look upon the individual as a human being. One worthy of our respect and kindness.

Thanks for your post. They are so creative and cute. I love to check each day to see what perspective Krista has on the world.