Background

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's not all about ME...

sometimes it's about the mayo!

I made a beautiful looking ham sandwich for lunch today. Took a bite and thought, "Hummm, this tastes a little odd." The second bite was so odd I didn't finish. As I began to clean up the thought came to me, "Check the date on the Miracle Whip" It seemed like a reasonable thought since I had just brought it up from the basement food storage. Suddenly, the "oddness" of it all made sense.
Check out the date...

Yes, it does say March 18 ... 2004

4 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Oh goodness, I just threw up a little bit...ugh!

Taylor said...

That just adds a tangy zip!

Em said...

Oh heavens! That is so icky! I may never eat miracle whip again!

Em

lisa said...

Krista-You may never check your comments from this far back but I had to tell you that I was thinking about you. The other night I was making some fry sauce for our dinner and started eating it and I quickly was reminded of this post! My mayonaise had expired many months ago too! I don't eat it very ofter because I like my sandwich plan but my family has been eating it that way all summer long! Nobody ever said a thing! YUCK! Made me think of your experience! Take care-Lisa