Background

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Small Town Football


Imagine building a fire.
You gather the things needed.
Put them under intense heat.
At first it smolders.
Slowly a small flame is seen.
Then it bursts into bright light
becoming all it was meant to be.



That is what is happening
in this place, where I live.
GHS is bursting forth!

With the opening of Stansbury High School this year, we've become somewhat of a "small flame". Our school population was cut by more than half. It's been stressful but has slowly turned into the most exciting year in recent history.

Grantsville High School has had the wonderful opportunity of returning to a "Small Town School". Life is how it was "back in the day" and I must say my heart is swelling with pride as joyful tears often run down my cheeks.

Cowboy Football has been the center of this transformation. The coaching staff of 14 is united and ready to move forward. The 14 returning seniors are tight knit and working to make this new year a new beginning for GHS. Their sense of unity has united us all.

I've had the opportunity to dig in and get my hands dirty. It's been an honor to plan BBQ's, dinners, treats, rallies and especially manage the team blog. The spirit here is electric and contagious... I just can't help myself and it seems that no one else can either!

The greatest of all the excitement is Friday Night FAN FEST! We've had GHS alumni volunteer their bands to play for us. You'll find food, tailgating, dancing, singing, face painting, haircutting (yes, you heard me right), fan gear, really anything and everything you can image. But the most important thing you'll find is COWBOY SPIRIT. It is running rampant in this little town and all I can say is...

Welcome back
Grantsville High School.
Welcome Back.






Come join us,
I'll BBQ you a
hot dog!

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

I literally just felt the "old Cowboy Spirit" flare up inside of me (wasn't even painful hehehe) I am VERY proud of GHS COWBOYS!!! I always have been...and I am very proud of our community for uniting together and making this a good experience for the kids!! WAY TO GO GRANTSVILLE!

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived closer, would love to attend those High school football games.