Background

Sunday, September 27, 2009

A picture says a million words.

Doctrine and Covenants 10:5
Pray always, that you may come off conqueror;



Of all the pictures I've ever taken, these are my FAVORITE.

The ironic thing is, neither Tyson nor Dillon conquered their opponent the day these pictures were snapped.

However, THEY and so many others
who run on football fields...
play in marching bands...
cheer on sidelines...
yell in bleachers...
stand side by side on brisk Friday Nights...
so many of those youth are successful in
conquering the biggest opponent of all.

Pray always, that you may come off conqueror;
yea, that you may conquer Satan,
and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan
that do uphold his work.

Doctrine and Covenants 10:5

--------------------

So often we hear these days what trouble our youth are in.
I say they are doing
just fine.

6 comments:

Natalie Marie said...

Hey Krista,
I got a little teary-eyed when I saw this moment on Friday, so proud of those boys! I then instantly looked for you and hoped you had your camera :) Thanks for posting this!

Taylor said...

Amen! Continue to fight the battle on and especially off the field! I love ya'll! GO COWBOYS!

Taylor

Emily said...

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing this! I agree that so many young people really are doing just fine because they are praying always and following the Savior. I am so happy that Ty and Dil choose to follow the Savior. I love them!
- Emily

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

A picture says a lot! It's a wonderful blessing to have children who follow the Savior and testify of Him through word and deed. What a great example these boys are for others who might be struggling to do right. I'm proud of these boys too. Thanks for sharing!

Lacey Sue said...

may I not only add my whole-hearted "AMEN" to this post..but add...not only our the youth doing fine..but WE as the adults must, MUST have more faith in them. They are strong beyond our comprehension .. strong .. and faithful!!

keysha said...

These picture give me hope for our youth...I know it's not easy for them, but those show us all the time that they are up to the task. You have awesome boys...a credit to their mom I'm sure!!