Background

Monday, November 24, 2008

The PROOF is in the pain

Today Dillon exhibited an act of TRUE LOVE.

We are planning to celebrate Thanksgiving with Grandma & Grandpa Hutch. However, over the weekend, Dillon got very sick. He knew he couldn't be around Grandpa if he was not better.

So this morning, he went to see Dr. Beazer. When he was offered "THE SHOT"... Dillon quickly said, "Give it to me". Dr. Beazer, as well as the nurse, could not believe their ears... nor could I.
If you know Hummer, you know this act was a very signifigant one for him (click here and here for the story). Hummer then rolled over on his stomach and took the pain with not a single tear or whimper...

and he did it all in the name of LOVE.

I've got to admit that I shed a few tears watching my son turn into a man right before my eyes. But Hummer knew that Thanksgiving would not be Thanksgiving without those he loves most.

Every act of love deserves another. So to Walmart we went to get a reward. Dillon tensed his "hiney" so hard when they gave him the shot that he really had a hard time walking when it was over. So here he is in Walmart choosing his treat. (Thanks Walmart for thinking of the crippled consumer.)
Way to go Hummer. I've never been more proud of you. You're action will prove to make this THANKSGIVING one we will always remember!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Too Cute!

Em said...

Hummer is the best!

Lindsey said...

awe I love it!

Lacey Sue said...

I have to honestly say I cried when I read this! What a true little man! Aspen also had to get "that shot" and I know the horror kids go through when it's given as an option. Hummer is going to be one great missionary in life with a heart so full of love. He is a good kid Krista, which says alot about you and Jeff!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Uhhhh...Texie might babysit on Friday. SHould I leave the computer on or off?? I don't want Dillion to get harassed:)