Background

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fields ...

Last week we found ourselves leaving...
QUICKLY...
UNEXPECTEDLY...

We threw some things in a bag and we were
OFF!

Jeff drove us.
He's a good driver.
He can stay awake for
a long time.
Well, as long as the sun is up.


Others couldn't stay awake.
Even with the sun up.
Even with blasting in their ears.

But in all fairness,
have you ever driven through
Wyoming?

Enough said.




And if you haven't
ever driven through
Wyoming...

Well, enough said.


We thought we'd brought all the necessities of life.

However, we did not!
A quick stop...
A Walmart run...
An arm and a leg later...
We were back on the road.

The stop was good for me.
I suddenly became fully alert.

I became intrigued with the
CORN.
Have you ever driven through
Nebraska?

There's a reason they're called the
"Nebraska Cornhuskers".


I begged Jeff to stop and let us get a picture with
the corn.

Jeff said it was to dangerous!

Then he almost KILLED us.


He spotted this...
He flew past 2 lanes of rush hour traffic to take the exist.

The back seat cheered.
The passenger seat screamed.

It was
Rosenblatt Stadium
where The College World Series is played...
where The College World Series was being played...
that VERY day.

The passenger seat had never heard of this event but suddenly found herself taking a picture when the driver...
pulled into the turn lane...
threw the car in park...
and ran into the street...
Not alone...
but with the back seat!

Ummm, hello ... driver who
said the CORN was dangerous!

My heart was pounding after the near death experience
so, in fairness, I wasn't all there when
this came out of my mouth...


"They sure like OBAMA around here."
Jeff: "Why do you say?"
"Look at all the OBAMA bumper stickers"


Laughter erupts from the back seat
"Mom, those say OMAHA!"


To be continued ...

8 comments:

Taylor said...

hahahah can't wait to hear more of your road trip adventures!

Keysha said...

LOL!! Thanks for making me smile...can't wait to hear the rest.

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Smile.....Laugh thank you Krista for making my day!

Glen's Family of TEN said...

Sounds like the BIG 40 has hit!!! I'm right behind ya'!!! I love hearing about your little adventures.

Holly and Robert said...

Oh Krista, I was laughing!! Thanks for the smile this morning!! Yes I agree about Wyoming!!!

Jeanell said...

My home is surrounded by fields and corn... does that count? No wonder why I'm yawning all of the time.

Anonymous said...

hey it is a good thing you did stop. that is the last college world series to be played there. Getting a new field next year

Natalie said...

Krista YES! I have driven through Wyoming many times and I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND! and YES! I have driven through nebraska and we too had lots of questions about corn. Don't you LOVE driving acroos the country? I keep telling my sisters I think everybody needs to do it at least once in thier lives. I am so happy that you had this experience.