Background

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hope Ya Know ...



My feet hurt today.
Probably because
my toes is
broken
but mostly,
that's probably not the reason
because really, it's...
(broken I mean)

I just stubbed it in
St. Geezy
but I keep saying it's broken
because then the Lifeguard
gives me pity,
which is good ... sometimes.

Seriously though,
it's my own fault
because I was wearing
flip-flops. 
If I'd been in boots,
I wouldn't be hurt.
I slipped into my
"Sunday Boots"
yesterday to make a quick trip to the temple.
I felt splendid and
the boots were a perfect fit,
that is until...
my meeting was cancelled. 
Which then lead me to...
shopping.

Just for the record...
NEVER shop in
"Sunday Boots"!

Upon my arrival home and
while getting ready for
Hummer's game,
 I slipped into my
"Biker Boots".
They keep my ankles warm
when the wind blows,
plus they make me look really
hip and cool ...
but not really.
The "biker boots" are a
good idea
if you're sitting in a chair...
but not such a good idea
if you're popping corn for
200 youth at the church,
which I did after the game.
(Thanks Ang and Elise)
For you see...
one can't just sit in a chair
with 200 youth in the church,
one has to break up back rubs,
uncover blanket sharing
and keep kids OFF the roof.
YES, the roof of...
the church!  
Luckily Bro. Thomas did that.
I had to keep an eye on the
empty classrooms.

Do you know how many
classrooms
are in a typical Stake Center?


Just for the record...
NEVER entertain youth in
"Biker Boots"!

So today I'm walking lightly because my feet are achy.
And in case you didn't know, my heart is achy too.
It's achy for YOU ...
the one who's sick.
the one who's lonely.
the one who's hurting.
the one who's worried.
the one who's confused.
the one who's overwhelmed.
the one having a hard time.

I know who you are.


And just so you know ... I prayed for YOU today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your son would love to see some pictures from the st. george trip. Just saying.

Amanda said...

Hoping for sunny weather this weekend in St George. I'll risk the hurt toes if I can enjoy my flip flops!