Background

Monday, March 14, 2011

Lights out ... the party's over!


The other night, while eating lobster
at 11:00 p.m.
a man turned to me and asked,
"Are you ever going to
add something new
to your blog?"


I looked at him and thought the exact words
that came out of his wife's mouth...
"She hasn't been home."
You see, I've been living
a DREAM with
the Lifeguard.
It's a dream that can't last
forever,
even though I wish it could.

As the question sunk in, the memories of
the last 9 days flashed back and I smiled.

Then the restaurant
 turned off the lights!
We were all still seated and
some were sipping on their 20th refill of frozen lemonade.
I thought it was kinda rude.

I mean sure...
we were the only people there
and they had officially
closed 40 mins. prior
But...
 was it really necessary?


It would appear they don't appreciate...

... lingering parties of 18.
... boys covered in red dirt.
... home run celebrations.
... tiny girls sleeping on
men's shoulders.
... stories of 19 year olds,
being mistaken for 32.
... laughter brought on by
Hummer's re-enactments.
... tips on batting, hitting
and fielding.
... talks about the dream!


I guess they just wanted us
to enjoy their delicious lobster
and be on our way.

I guess they got their wish...
once they turned
 out the lights!
So in answer to the man's question,
"Are you ever going to
add something new to your blog?"

Why yes ... yes I am.
In fact, a little celebration is in order!

Thanks for clicking on us 34,748 times!


3 comments:

Jo said...

It sounds like you had lots of fun. I would of come but I was so sad putting Loren on the bus that I would of been a real downer and you guys all deserved to have fun! The boys played so well!!!!!
Love ya
Aunt Jo

Lacey Sue said...

Sounds like a blast!!! I love your blog- never miss a post!!! Keeps me smiling!

Anonymous said...

From Facebook...

Cory Landon:
Thanks Krista my day is now complete