Background

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

H. E. Double Hockey Sticks




Today I took
Hummer
to the
Barbershop.

It's an
all-time
favorite
activity!
In fact when this man goes,
(usually around 11:00 p.m.)
 he's generally
gone for 3 hours.

He and the Barber reminisce
and
laugh hysterically!
The Barbershop is the local
"Man Cave"
but it's kept incognito. 

Listen up, I'll give you the lowdown ...
the front door is right below the sign for
mini blinds.

Welcome to
 small town charm! 

Today the shop was
full of old men
telling each other this town
is going straight to...
H. E.
Double Hockey Sticks!


I was warned to lock up my stuff!


After they left, the Barber
got down to business,
telling us about his calling as a
Primary Teacher.


He's in our ward.
He spoke in church a few weeks ago.
It was EXCELLENT!


Don't worry, he didn't say
H. E.
Double Hockey Sticks
from the pulpit
BUT he might have said
"another word"
and he told the Bishop
he hated him
but of course he was ...
Anyway (tangent, I know!), back to Primary...

Sunday was his first week.
The lesson wasn't really on
"Outer Darkness" but
H. E.
Double Hockey Sticks
 might have been mentioned.
Were Dill and I laughing
hysterically?

Do ya know the
Barber ?!

Then he told us
some form of bribery
would be used this Sunday.

If you don't have a Barbershop in your small town,
I'm sorry!
Drop in and visit our's.
  It's one H ... E ...  
  of a good time!  

7 comments:

Teresa said...

One of the BEST primary teachers E-V-E-R! I can tell the kids already LOVE him!

Glen's Family of TEN said...

I am pretty sure we went to school with that barber. Are we really getting old? I am in complete denial. Glad to be able to keep in touch through your blog. Maybe one of these days you will motivate me to blog again.

Unknown said...

I was seriously wondering where his shop was! Thanks for the low down and he is hysterical I LOVED his talk

Luke and Tina said...

I am so glad you are back to blogging again....love everything you write.

Anonymous said...

I'm have to MAKE myself stay on my side, He's SOOOO funny:)) ANd my doesn't that building look LOVELY.. inside and out! THat makes me think H E ..... time for some MODERNIZATION from the landlord!!

Anonymous said...

From Facebook...

Taylor Lynne Cook:
Krista! i HAVE to tell you that my mom LOVED your blog. She said you are sooo creative, just like your mother :) lol and then my dad came home and he absolutely loved it too! he said it was really cute and that he feels important now ;) haha! anywho! the cooks love your blog :)

Krista said...

From Facebook...

Andrea Shosted Pratt:
Love this post! Of course because I'm related to that barber :)

Rachel Holste:
Such a cute post Krista... got to love a "small town"... I sure do!:)

Nicole-Tony Cloward:
You are amazing Krista! This blog is amazing too.