Background

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pure HEAVEN

I have a super hard time getting up in the morning.
To those who know me, this news comes as no surprise!


I naturally seem to be a night owl.
If you ever need anything at 2:00 AM
I'm your gal!

My boys often ask why I do laundry in the 
middle of the night.
I have no good answer except the fact that my eyes won't close.


So this morning I was in my usual comma when I was awoken by a
ROARING MOTOR!

As I startled awake, I realized I was very cold!
Quite honestly these days I go from hot to cold in a 
"FLASH"
So if you see me sitting out on my porch in a snow storm just know I am 
"flashing".  
It's a hard-knock life!

WOW!  That was a TMI tangent!!

Back to the cold ...
I looked around and realized I had no covers on,
which Jeff claims I throw off and on
ALL NIGHT LONG!
It's a pain to "flash"!

I pulled the covers over my shivering self and
as I did, the sound of that roaring motor pierced my ears again.
Then a SMILE crossed my lips in anticipation of what was to come.


From awesome experience I knew the *Lifeguard would soon be standing by my bed offering me a glass of 
PURE HEAVEN!

Unlike myself, the Lifeguard can get his eyes to open in the mornings.
Sometimes on Saturday, when he's up all alone he will use the appliances in the kitchen.

When there were four of us he would use the oven and present us all with hot blueberry muffins while we were still cozy in our beds.

Since our nest is now empty, the menu has changed to the glass of 
PURE HEAVEN.

This morning that called for the blender and it's roaring motor.


PURE HEAVEN 
entered my life at the tender age of eight.
We were living in Wendover.
What?  You didn't know I ever left Grantsville?
I did ... although it was short-lived.

While there, I went to 4-H once a week with little 
monogrammed 
recipe cards my mom had presented to me on my birthday.


I tasted PURE HEAVEN for the first time there
and carefully wrote down the recipe in my 8 year old handwriting so I would never forget it.

The Lifeguard still pulls out that little monogrammed card on Saturday mornings when he uses the appliances.

PURE HEAVEN
is a standard on Christmas morning with the Johnson Family.
It was a grave mistake for my mom to add it to the menu!
I don't think she realized she would eventually be feeding well over 35 people when she made the decision.


She stands at the counter all morning and blends batch after batch after batch.  Everyone will drink it until she stops making it, which someone has to usually force her to do.
Sorry about that Mom ... but THANKS!

The ingredients are things I'm sure you already have on hand.
We don't do recipes with weird ingredients like ... 
 red WINE vinegar!

What's up with that any way?
Does it really have WINE in it?
Is it against the Word of Wisdom?
We just avoid it because we don't know and 
our recipes aren't fancy enough to ever call for it anyway.

Sorry, that was another tangent!

So get out your normal ingredients and in the morning stand over the beds of the ones you love and wake them up with a little bit of 
PURE HEAVEN!

What great way to start a HEAVENLY Sabbath Day!


Recipe Clarification:
 Cans of orange juice were smaller in 1978 so by "a can", it's like HALF of a 12 oz. frozen concentrate and you do put it in FROZEN.  The Lifeguard uses an ice cream scoop to get out half.  I just get a big ole knife and cut the can in half.  We put the other half back in the freezer for next Saturday!

Who in the heck is the 
*LIFEGUARD?
Click HERE if you don't know.

Oh!!  And he's speaking in Church tomorrow.  If you don't have anywhere to go feel free to join us!
11:00 at the Stake Center by the High School



No comments: