Background

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Wanted.

Note:
For no good reason I've been in a serious funk today!! As I've prayed for direction, Heavenly Father directed me to my OWN WORDS.  This post was written FOUR years ago.  I'm not sure why I never published it but I'm glad it was here for me to find today. The pictures you'll see are old, Oprah is off the air now and yet these words still ring true for me and perhaps for you too.

April 8, 2011

So yesterday afternoon I was awarded an
"Ah-ha" moment with ...
which is weird in itself
as Oprah and I don't usually
see eye to eye
and we spend very little time together.

However, I didn't feel good
and it was snowing
and I was warm by the fire
and Oprah just happened to show up.


As I looked at her and 
wondered why she'd chosen to wear that 
red sweater, she shared something 
very private
which caused my tear-ducts to leak
and my head to bow in 
deep thanksgiving.

Oprah told me that she was never ...


The circumstances of her birth
had brought shame to the family.
When she was born, instead of smiles and joy,
there was disgust and the attitude of
"Who is going to take care of this child?"

It was no secret how everyone felt
as they passed her around like an unwanted plague.
It was never a secret that Oprah was...


then came as she said, with tears streaming down her checks
"To born into this world WANTED... is a gift."

My head dropped to my chest and
with tears streaming down my own checks,
I immediately gave thanks for my mom and dad
who kissed and hugged on me May 18, 1970
and have made it clear every day since that 
I was WANTED.


I was also thankful for sweet Bobbie
who gave up a lot to bring Jeff into the world.
It's never been a secret how much 
he was WANTED.


I thought of these 3 cousins of mine
and how, although they came into
our family through other loving ladies,
they were each WANTED
in a deeply prayerful way.


I thought of a little boy
and the day he was born 10 years after his last sibling
and how joyful that day was.
He was WANTED.


In fact, everyone I know in this life 
was WANTED 
so it never occurred to me,
until Oprah showed up today,
that being so was
a gift.


Therefore, I had to stop in my tracks
and make certain
the two boys I bought into the world
knew how very much they were...


If you haven't let the gifts in your life 
know they were
NOW is the time!

1 comment:

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Somebody once said that you should publish a book, you are so creative! I love reading your blog. Thanks for sharing and allowing me to be a follower!