Background

Monday, April 27, 2015

The Bird in the Nest

A couple years ago I disturbed  the nest of two birds.
They were happy as they made a comfy nest for themselves and their baby birds.


I watched from the chair I sit in when I decide 
to watch birds from my window.

It's the same chair I use when I watch Chip and JoJo remodel homes on HGTV.  
The chair is very comfy and it even lets me put my feet up.
It's an all around favorite place to sit and to sleep!


I didn't put my feet up or sleep as I watched the two birds.
 I sat quite amazed at how BUSY they stayed working on that nest, that is
UNTIL
I disturbed it.

My actions caused me to cry at the scene
and I get teary now even thinking back on it.

The disturbance was necessary 
but that didn't make it any easier 
as I watched those 2 birds helplessly fly

back and forth
back and forth
back and forth
not knowing what they should do next 
and mostly likely, wondering why their nest had to be disturbed.


As you know, my nest has recently been disturbed.
I've spent much time helplessly flying
back and forth
back and forth
back and forth
trying to figure out what I'm to do next.

In my flying
or sometimes better described as

I've come to learn 
one important truth...
Disturbances of nests 
are necessary
in the GREAT

I'm certainly HAPPY as I hang out with my 
nesting partner.
We like each other's company and we really enjoy going to bed before 10:00!
We haven't done that since our little birds were in Elementary School.


And speaking of our little birds...
they are so happy out in the world SOARING along
that it seems selfish to be sad that they are doing so.
I am truly happy for them!


The problem I am having is figuring out what I am to be doing in my nest right now.

The nest has very little laundry, 
very little need for food prep 
and to be honest, 
it needs very little cleaning.
I'm not complaining about these facts,
I'm just a little ... 


I've been asked over the past week what has caused me to dust off my blog.
The answer stems back to the empty nest.

I have more time to ponder on life,
I have more time to notice things I didn't before,
and quite honestly,
I'm trying to use my quiet life 
to better listen to the spiritual promptings 
that whisper in my ear.


Those promptings enrich my soul 
and feel my nest with warmth. 
They bring a different kind of joy than I've experienced before.

Which, I might add, I didn't think was possible
because I REALLY like those baby birds of mine 
and the kind of joy they bring!!

But the new JOY is good 
and the emotions are quite unexpected at times.

I spend much time praying how to handle both.

One day in my praying and pondering I had the distinct impression to dust off this blog.
So here I am.

I'm not sure exactly why I'm here.
Most of the time when I sit down I don't know what my fingers will type,
 but feel free to follow along
as this old bird 
figures out what she's doing in this 
empty nest!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this!!! You are writing exactly how I feel(but can't put into such lovely words myself)! Keep them coming!!!