Background

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I loved him then.

At the silly and sassy age of 13...

I kissed his album cover.
I wore a sparkly silver glove.
I knew every word to every song he sang.
I attended a debut party for the "Thriller Video"
and I mimicked his moves on the middle school stage.

I was in love with Michael Jackson.

He was normal then.
Handsome. Shy. Sweet. Adorable.
The center of every 13 year old girl's dream.

Now he is gone.

I was shocked but more so, I was sad.
Sad for the loss of his life in death.
Sad for the loss of his life in life.

Goodbye Michael.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not so into Michael--he was just a little off. But middle school dances would not have been the same without his music!! I am so glad you posted -- I was so worried that you had given up blogging like many others:) I think summer time is just too busy.

Em said...

Oh the memories! I had the posters on my wall, recorded his music off the radio, and practiced the moon walk! I still watch the Thriller video every October! And I will never forget how awesome we all were in "Solid Lead!" Those were the days!

Jo said...

There will never be another Michael Jackson. I personally understand everything that he has done. I still believe that some parents out there decided to take him down to make some money. Therefore the allegations of child abuse. He was white because he had the same disease that the doctor said J.D. might have had as a baby and wigs because he had that injury from the pepsi commercial. He missed out on his childhood so he wanted to experience that in his later life and he wanted to make sure that other children didn't miss that opportunity. His nose was because his awful abusive father told him how big and ugly it was. Wouldn't all of us be a little damaged if we had to live his life!