Background

Thursday, July 9, 2009

JUST July

What a ridiculous thing to say...
"JUST July"

There is nothing JUST about it.
It's the perfect month.
It's starts off with the perfect holiday.
One that contains no stress, not one iota!

I love JUST living on the 4th of July.
Love it! Love it! Love it!

WHY?


Because...
There is nothing better, in the entire world, than being with every single member of my family!
(I'm serious ... EVERY!)


Because...
The pre-parade breakfast made by my brothers tastes better than anything on earth!


Because...
The Grantsville parade always, always has an
"Abstinence Float"
(First comes love...)


Because...
Rough old "Biker Dudes" throw lots and lots of candy to little kids, holding big bags.


Because...
Our Hummer has yet to watch a parade with us.
(He's always in it.)


Because...
You can see grown men wearing silly and odd accessories.


Because...
My Dad gets to be with his sisters.
(Love you all!)


Because...
Simple things are so much fun.
(Ty, you're such a good sport!)


Because...
There is always water.
(Like it or not.)


Because...
There is usually sliding.
(Sorry it's broken now.)





Because...
We have a birthday boy. One that was really born on the 4th of July!
(Can't believe Lincoln is 1 year old!)






Because...
Parents are in bliss with all of their children and grandchildren nearby.


Because...
Tay-Bug always plays his guitar.
(We'll miss him when he moves.)


Because...
Big boys jump on trampolines.
(If only to out-do each other.)


Because...
No one cares that the baby is emptying the pool.
(To busy jumping on the tramp.)


Because...
Jeri always has cake.


Because...
You can shoot off real, live, literal CANNONS and not be arrested.
(Thanks Trace!)






Because...
Old men rest!









Because...
Busy men smile.








Because...
Teenagers laugh.


Because...
Playing with matches is a good thing.


Because...
I get to hang out with the people I love the most.





The best reason I JUST love July is because...
everyone is
HAPPY!
Hence,
"Happy 4th of July"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post.....What a beautiful family and such a fun get together!! I sure miss those Grantsville parades!

Taylor said...

I agree it is the best day of the year by far. What fun pictures! Your day was loaded with family, it was great to see you!

Lacey Sue said...

What a wonderful post!!! I have to agree with your WHOLE HEARTEDLY! I love, love, love, love the 4th of july!!! I loved your pictures, and your comments, you have such an amazing family!! I love 'em!

Anonymous said...

I think you and I would be thrown out if we were at the same parade gathering!! I took soooo many pics, but I think you took more! Great slide show.......I thought the whole day was GRAND! The weather couldn't have been better:) I did all this work on my pictures and then when I went to paste is from Picasa---they disappeared!! I'm still trying to figure it out so stay tuned for my 4th post.

Anonymous said...

I have watched the event over and over trying to recapture that wonderful day and because I sleep through several hours of it from exhaustion!

I have to agree it has always been a favorite of mine. I have fond memories of my dad following him around at the old high school, serving pop and hot dogs all night by the tennis courts. He was one of the many firemen helping and I thought he was wonderful in his blue vest!!

It seems like just they keep getting better and better, although we missed Craig and his family, it was great to have everyone there joining in the work and the fun, with the boys showing off their dutch oven skills to Uncle David!! They have turned into quite the cooks!!!

We will be planning and preparing for next year, although I don't know how they just keep getting better and better!!

How proud Grandma Johns is to be called an American! I love it!!!