Background

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bitter-Sweet


Today was one of those bitter-sweet kind. After 5 years, our ward received a new bishopric.
It was time... but it was hard.

Jeff has loved serving with Bro. Boman and Bishop Cole. They've become 2 of his dearest friends. They are men of honor... men of integrity... true men of God. They've influenced our whole family in ways that will last for eternity.
We love them.
We, of course, love Jeff too. We're so proud of the way he loves and honors Heavenly Father. We know the new calling he received today will bring unimaginable blessing. Isn't that how it always is when we serve the Lord?
--------------------------------
Bishop Thomas, Bro. Butler and Bro. Marshall... you have our FULL support and love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to expound a little more. Or maybe I'll just call you. I'm wondering what the new calling is and who is Bishop??

Lacey Sue said...

I loved this bishopric. They served while Chad and I lived with my parents, so I was blessed to have them be MY bishopric for a while too! Awesome men, awesome ward. I am honored to have gotten to know them! And I love them as well.
Your such a wonderful lady Krista! My family is lucky to have your family (and you hehee) in our lives!!!

Rachel said...

It WAS a bittersweet day! I have LOVED this bishopric! It is so good to know that the Lord loves us and we will always be in good hands.

Jo said...

Who is this Bishop Thomas? Is he Kyle's trek dad? Being released from a calling is such a bittersweet feeling. I was just released from the Primary and I can't decide if I am sad or relieved or both.