Background

Monday, February 28, 2011

I don't wash belts!

Dear Hummer,

I did your laundry today
and just in case
you didn't know,
every SOLITARY
thing I washed was
red, white and black.
I know where your
priorities lie,
but seriously, you've got to
change it up a little!

Should a kid really wear a
Grantsville shirt to
Grantsville High School
EVERY day?
I will admit I'm thankful
your dad and brother
never let me
throw any away so you'd
have a nice variety!

Especially that original
state championship shirt
from 1992.
I took a picture of
your closet
just in case you want to
sift through it sometime
and just in case you want to
take the tags off
some of those things
we purchased
7 months ago.
Plus Honey,
do you know it's
winter?


I was just wondering
if you knew
since I washed
10 pairs of shorts today.
Oh and by the way...
thanks for those
absolutely filthy pants!

And when I say thanks,
I'm being sincere
because those filthy pants,
means you're
playin' baseball.
I know you've waited your
whole life to
wear them with that
red, white and black
uniform.

So go out and give it
all you've got!
And if that means
you wear
red, white and black
to school EVERY day ... 
GO FOR IT!


Oh and one more thing...
 I love you Hummer!
Love, Mom

P.S.  Please remember I don't wash belts.
I noticed you might have forgotten since they
were all still in your pants, in the laundry!  xoxo

7 comments:

Jillian said...

You look great in Red and Black Humm! I laugh every time we move and I ask Taylor if any of the 27 (yes 27) Grantsville T-shirts can go when I already know the answer. That 1992 one has a special shelf. :)

Scottfunkel said...

School spirit is on the endangered species list. Keep it up Hummer.

Lacey Sue said...

The is, well, BEYOND awesome!

Angela said...

it is nice to know I am not the only one who buys clothes for my 3 boys that they never wear!!! I have been complaining about it today! Your post fit right in with the conversations at our house! Love ya!

Teresa said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

From Facebook...

Paula Bullock Cafarelli:
Krista, love it!! Jake has been wearing his Cowboy Football sweatshirt everday. Someone came up to Mike at Jakes Basketball game and asked him if he coached at Georgia!! LOL... Forever a Cowboy:)

jefferies family said...

I Agree!!! There is nothing like a little pride for our beloved Cowboys!! I still have my 1992 State Champs sweat shirt. It has holes in it and paint all over it, but I still wear it with PRIDE!! LOVE IT!!