Background

Monday, February 9, 2009

ARSON uncovered

Here is the long awaited answer to the old post
"It was ARSON"

There is an old wise tale claiming that "Ear Candling" will break out all the old, hard ear wax and allow you to hear and feel better. We found it intriguing and decided to make it an annual part of our New Years Eve Party.
The first year Kevin was the guinea pig. The second year it was Jillian. (This is the same year our carpet sustained a mysterious burn hole... hummmmmm, wonder where it came from.) Isn't it silly that we all gather around to view the excitement of it all.
This year we ran out of time on New Years... so we thought we'd just do it for fun one night.
It causes a strange swirling, sucking feeling and
"crackling" in the ear. Some claim to have received miraculous results, while other feel it's a sham. But whatever your opinion is on it's medical benefits, you can't deny...
IT'S FUN!

3 comments:

Shaun said...

Your family is always having so much fun! I love you guys!
I was interested on how you do Ear Candling so I looked it up. According to my research... it might not be such a good idea. :) Now, I'm not telling you what to do and I especially don't want to be a New Years Eve tradition party pooper! But you might find this article by Stephen Barrett, M.D interesting: http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/candling.html And, although I know that this may not be the most credible resource, I thought that
"the Ear Candle Myth" on YouTube was pretty cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax9I6_xz_2w
Well, good luck. Don't invite me to any ear arson partys! lol

Taylor said...

Sorry about the carpet Krista. :(
Hehe you guys know how to make memories that is for sure.

Megan said...

Sorry about the carpet!!! :)