Background

Friday, February 6, 2009

A Silent Message

I just returned from a funeral.

As the closing prayer ended, the honorary pall bearers where asked to come forward. Tears ran down my checks as 16 Grantsville City Police Officers stood. Each one expressed deep reverence as they came forward in their dress uniforms and quietly made their way to the front. This silent act of comradery was a tender lesson, to me, that you don't have to share the same blood to be a family.

Tears ran down my checks as I walked outside to see the streets lined with the cars of these Police Officers. No sirens blaring, just lights glistening in the sunshine as if to say...
"We Love You ... you are not alone."



How thankful I am, once again, to live in this small town.

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Thank you Krista, I did love Jarod, I have many, many good memories of him. That hasen't changed or faded over the years. If anything, our little group of rag tag debate nerds from high school are more united now. We've lost a few of our # over the years, and we know they are simply enjoying a different reunion than us on earth...they are in the care of our Lord. I TRULY believe that. I love you Krista, I whole heartedly do!

jefferies family said...

I too love our little town!! Ryan and I have often thought about moving. But then I am reminded of the wonderful people in this town (as you have just done for me) and the great memories we have here, and then I stop to think that might not be such a great idea. As to pull our children away from security and happiness that this little town gives us. Thanks for reminding me how blessed we truly are!