Background

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back in "The DAY"...

Remember the days of the little ditty
"Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck"

Those were the days when a PENNY was worth something.
Those were the days when finding a DIME was a huge victory.
Those were the days when finding a QUARTER was... well, was unheard of.

Now there is Today. When I find this, everyday, in my washing machine...


Today is the day when no one cares to take it out, no misses it and no one comes looking to find it. Well, I CARE and someday 2 young men are going to be surprised when I haul off to Hawaii using their leftover, forgotten change! Someday I will wave goodbye... laughing!

5 comments:

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

I like your thoughts. I find change in my washer everyday. I never thought to save it for a trip to Hawaii. Thanks for the idea. I'm starting today. :-) lol

Em said...

Awesome!

Jeanell said...

Yes, I have a jar myself.

Anonymous said...

I have a jar of change!

Anonymous said...

My kids still want the change...they don't know how much it is actually worth...they just like to fill up the piggy bank! Ha! Maybe when they get a little older...I will have to have a "Hawaii savings jar" too!