Background

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Battle

Just a little snippet from Sunday School...

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, “My son, the battle is between 2 ‘wolves’ inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealously, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity,guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness,benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather,
“Which wolf wins?”

The old Cherokee simply replied,
“The one you feed.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

~I love this Krista!!!! Thank you for posting this and all your posts!~

Rachel said...

When I lived in TX, I worked at a hospital. The Chaplain gave me this story one day, and I it really gave me something to think about.
It's so true.

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Nice post Krista. I sure made me think. I hope that I feed the "good" wolf.

Rachel said...

Thank you, Krista, for your comment. You have always been such a thoughtful, loving lady.