Background

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Where goes the TOES?

Have you ever felt like you were "drowning"
but there was no lifeguard to save you?
I have ... lately. I don't really know why.
Maybe it's trying to find that balance between being a
"good mom" and a "nice mom".
Maybe it's the realization that within the next few days
all of my waking moments will be consumed with
baseball (love it but it's exhausting). Maybe it's just simply...
the weather.
Whatever the reason,a lifeguard looked at me one day and said,"You want to come along with me?" I longingly answered,"Oh PLEASE! Take me. Take me with you!" And he did.

I loaded my suitcase full of flip-flops with an extra spring in my step. I turned my toes on the cold and entered into ... HEAVEN!










As much as I wanted to, my lifeguard assured me that it wasn't safe for my toes to be present for this particular photo. Since he was trying to save me, I listened.
The the last night .. if toes could cry, mine would have.  For they knew that in only a few short hours they would, again, be covered with sock and shoes as they headed back to the airport.


And ... we're home.
Lifeguard, come back!! 
I need more saving!
Lifeguard!
Lifeguard!
Lifeguard!
Lifeguard!
Lifeguard!


6 comments:

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

What a cute blog. My sentiments exactly. I want to be rescued by a lifeguard too.

Hope you had fun.

Rachel said...

What a darling post! I can't wait for my feet to feel warmth and grass, for the flip flops to emerge from summer totes and boots put away for another season. Can't wait for the daily walks with my kids instead of staring through the window, waiting for those patches of green to poke through.

Lacey Sue said...

You are SO creative Krista, what a fun post!!! I loved it!! I too need a lifeguard..if you see him again..send him my way ;)!!!!

Unknown said...

I think I will go give my lifeguard a kiss! Thank you Krista!

Taylor said...

Can I just say that you have darling toes! I didn't think that cute feet existed. :)

Em said...

Your toes looked so happy! What a sweet lifeguard to take you on an adventure. ummmmm.....however, I must ask.....why are your toes NAKED? Do we need to go for a pedicure down in St. George????