Background

Monday, March 30, 2009

Missing EGGS!


A few hours ago my son drove away, headed to Promenade Practice. It is now 10:30 p.m. and he still isn't home. Hummm... I wonder where he could be.

Should I be worried that these are missing from my fridge? Somehow I'm not, not worried at all. Oh how fun to live in this small town!


FYI for those of you who are wondering what in the world I am talking about. The Juniors are learning a special dance number for The Prom (a.k.a "The Promenade"). After practice, the Juniors and the Seniors engage in a favortie GHS tradition ... EGGING! The Juniors against the Seniors, of course. This acticity will take place every weeknight until April 18th. As I explain it to you... it sounds odd, strangely odd. Isn't it funny how doing things in "The Name of Tradition" makes them oddly FABULOUS!

9 comments:

Kimberli said...

I LOVED Egging Season!

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Not coming from a small town, this is the one "tradition" that I DO NOT like and have not wrapped my heart around. My first experience with this event ended with a broken windshield on my car, courtesy of those darn eggs. I have never enjoyed it since that day and actually, I never let my eggs go missing because of it. (atleast not to my knowledge)

Anonymous said...

~Oh that brings back such fun memories...lol....those were some fun times!~

Rachel said...

My question is: where do they go egging now? It used to be "Hollywood." We used to go down Picadilly but that's developed now, too. Yes, many memories of egging...lots of jumping fences - some with barbed wire - and hiding in barns.

Anonymous said...

Careful Ty - make sure you're egging the right people/vehicle. I almost lost my life cause I egged the wrong vehicle driving down main street (I was throwing eggs from Grandma and Grandpa's front yard).

Ok, didn't almost lose my life, but a little but scary regardless.

Brady

Anonymous said...

Love Prom Season!!I'm glad they're still doing it===the cops need something to do:)

Unknown said...

Tyson please don't pass this small tip onto Dev next year but..... We used to set the eggs out in the nice warm sun for a few days so they smelled really good when the hit! What fun! (To bad there is no sun to be found right now)

Anonymous said...

We do need a place to egg thats for sure.. but somethin tells me this tradition wont die as long as my grade is in the school

Tyson

jefferies family said...

Oh...such fond memories!! I remember being a Senior and gettin' all decked in our camo (faces painted and everything), and then waiting out side the gym (along side about 30 other seniors)for the juniors to finish their practice. Let's just say they were a little suprised to see us and the 100 eggs we had for them. Oh, how I love this town!!