Background

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Have you told THE TRUTH yet?

***Note:
I don't generally have music playing on my blog because I, personally, can't read and listen. But I did add this song today ... just because. If you want to listen while you read, hit play.
(FYI: The video is insignificant to the post)


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


It may be hard to understand, but
it's been a sad and serious 24 hours
as I've contemplated my blog.

Last night I had some time all alone.
I found myself in deep thought and reflection.
It led me to that age old question...

It was then I realized there is one

TRUTH
we all have to eventually face head on.
That is, to be able to say without apology:
" This is who I am."

------------------------

I am...
a WIFE.
Becoming one, was the single greatest event in my life. In the past 20 years we have become perfectly bonded. To pretend I'm not completely in love with Jeff ... would be a betrayal of who I am.


I am...
a MOTHER.
My two sons should not be here, they are both a grand miracle. Miracles change and define our lives. To pretend my miracles haven't done that ... would be a betrayal of who I am.


I am...
a SISTER.
No doubt about that one. I have 6 brothers whom I adore, along with their families. To pretend they don't exist ... would be a betrayal of who I am.



I am...
a MORMON.
I am not ashamed of that and I will never deny it. The things I believe have directed my life. To pretend I'm not a member ... would be a betrayal of who I am.


I am...
a GRANTSVILLIAN.
(It's a great new word)
I love this small town, MY small town. I can drive down any street and know I am loved by someone there. To pretend I'm not eternally grateful for that ... would be a betrayal of who I am.


I am...
a Grantsville COWBOY.
I loved going to Grantsville High, where everybody knew my name and I knew their's. I love that my sons love it there too. To pretend that doesn't matter to me ... would be a betrayal of who I am.


~ and last but most certainly not least ~


I am...
a BLOGGER.
I love to write. It brings me joy. I love to take pictures and attach stories to them, stories no one will remember if someone doesn't record them. I want that someone to be me. I want a record of what I love most and what made me
WHO I AM.

So after lots and lots of thought, to much thought!
I have decided that to give up my blog ...
would be a betrayal of who I am.

I am...
Krista Hutchins.

... with no apologies.







Dearest Friends,

Thanks for all your support, sweet words and advice. Know that I have listened, learned and followed. In the last 24 hours, you have blessed my life more than you know.

I love you all!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so glad you are all those things, especially a blogger and especially you!! We all just love you Krista and your blog!!

Taylor said...

Hooray! I prayed for you last night, Thank you for being who you are. Love you!

jefferies family said...

Hooray for you and all of us!! I was never good at keeping a journal until I started to blog. I think blogs are a good thing! How wonderful it will be for your children's children where ever they are to grab their computers or iphones, or what ever has been invented at that time, and see how wonderful, funny, and uplifting you are!! I love you and your blog!!

Kimberli said...

Good post. As was the last one. I ask myself those very same questions. And I think its a tough call. There are times when I wonder if a private blog would be better to post my family's daily activities or my thoughts on life. Sometimes I'd rather the world not know all my comings and goings (but I want to record them for history's sake). However, I really enjoy reading what others are up to (like your family :) so I've kept my blog public. Anyway... sorry about that... I guess I needed to get stuff off my chest too. :)

Glad you are continuing to blog and thanks for sharing your thoughts. Your posts are always great to read!

Rachel said...

Hoorah! I'm glad you are still blogging!! I don't always comment, but I LOVE reading and getting to know you a little bit better.! ♥♥

Anonymous said...

I think you made the right decision! I worry myself sick just like you, but you just portray it better. You are a GREAT writer:) I check your blog every day and love it. I'm sorry you didn't know about Kami, I need to call you & Angela when anything happens. Maybe when I get my new phone, I'll just text:))) Have a wonderful day!
Love ya, Kari

lisa said...

Phew! I was getting a little worried while I was reading through that. I know, from facebook, you have been having that debate with yourself; to blog or to facebook, I think that was the question? I have to tell you that you are one of the biggest reasons I am addicted to blogging. I love to read your blog, Krista! Keep blogging always! Love, Lisa Geldmacher

Anonymous said...

I am in tears because you blog touched my heart and while reading I wasn't sure what your outcome would be!

My I add. you are a daughter. An awesome daughter, full of insight and inspiration. One that had always brought me joy and has made me proud. One that I know I handpicked to come and be part of our family. One that I pray for and hope she will be happy and fulfilled.

Thank you for finding your answer, it has brought JOY to me, and being able to keep the internet to read you blogging is AWESOME!! I will continue to enjoy your sweet stories of all those you love and will also know they truly come from the bottom of your heart.

Em said...

YAY, you silly girl! NOW FOCUS!!!

Unknown said...

i was worried there for a minute that I would not have your wonderful uplifting writing to look forward to.

Rachel said...

Phew! There are so many wonderful opportunities out there to lift others (even if some people use those opportunities negatively), and YOU have lifted me up through your blog. Thanks for sticking around!

keysha said...

I'm so glad you decided to stay bloggin'! I love stopping in to read your blog and would have missed it terribly!

Allison said...

I told you on Facebook I blog stalk your blog. I love getting on here and reading your thoughts. You make me laugh, cry and most of the time wish I lived in GRANTSVILLE!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Conversation from Facebook...

Janna Baird Jensen: Hey- I want you to know that I got enthralled in reading your blog tonight!! I love it! Way to go!!! :)

Krista Johnson Hutchins: THANKS Janna! That is so sweet of you. I'm tickled you'd sit and read my ramblings. You made my day! :)

Carolynn Montgomery Hale: Thanks Janna for posting this! I am have been meaning to do the same thing Krista! I LOVE your blog...there are few I follow..yours always brings a smile to my face. Please keep sharing!