Background

Sunday, February 7, 2010

It Made Him ...

There is a place over 3500 miles away
where my husband turned into a
MAN



It was a long time ago.
He didn't know what to expect.
He was homesick.
He was afraid.



But he hung in there.
He learned patience.
He learned service.
He learned to rely on the Lord.



Then he grew to love it there.
His faith grew.
His testimony grew.
He grew into a ...

MAN.




Jeff is taking an unexpected flight today.
He's going to be cold
but he's going to be happy.


He's flying to...
ALASKA!




I'm thrilled he gets to go alone.

Alone time allows us
to think...
to ponder...
to give thanks...
for the decisions that shaped our lives.



What decision or event shaped your life?
What happened that made you who you are today?




That's an easy one for me.

It was the day I chose to
walk this path
with the boy who became a
MAN
3500 miles away.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a kind and gentle man he is. I'm thankful to be his mother-in-law and to see how wonderful he is to my daughter and their sons.

Hope you have an awesome trip and can reflect on those good old times you spent there.

JeaniePalmer said...

What an awesome post! You always have a way of making me think just a little deeper.
Also, I'd forgotten how beautiful your dress was! I just remember worrying that it was going to get muddy!

Rachel said...

I needs LOTS of alone time...I think I'm ALWAYS needing to ponder and be grateful...sometimes it feels like each day is about making a decision on how you're going to be better than the day before (at least for me). So glad Jeff gets to go 'home' - he's a GREAT man and I'm so glad I can call him family.

Anonymous said...

I don't get on your Blog very often, but I'm sure happy I did today. Remembering Jeff preparing & leaving for his mission to Alaska has caused me to do some pondering. I'm so grateful for a son who became a wonderful, caring man and hope he has time to ponder and remember the people he learned to love on his mission in Alaska. We're so grateful for the girl he married. Thanks, Krista, for loving him as you do.
I love you both,
Mom

Anonymous said...

One of my Elders said in his departing testimony---"I was born in Utah, but I grew up in Texas." I've never forgotten that, because that's exactly what happens as you serve:) GREAT POST!

Rick Palmer said...

Well, it takes a nbig woman to let her man go back to tour his Mission. I'm proud of you for letting him go and I bet he has a great time. I remember hanging around(living at) your house during the time he(and others) were gone and even though Jared and I were always sneaking around it was fun watching you two courting.