Background

Thursday, February 4, 2010

The things you learn when...

you FOCUS!


Since Christmas I've had a hard time focusing.
Everyone has told me it's the weather.
However, my family doesn't care about the weather.
They just want to stop going to school naked and
having to gnaw on the furniture to avoid starvation!
(OK, so I exaggerated! But you get the idea)

In light of that,
my only focus today was to...


I was surprised with all the things
I learned...







White clothes love hot water.






If you stop to help someone, the Lord gives you more time.







It was a dang woman who brought on the demise of the Jaredites. (Ether 8:17)







Always look closely in the mirror before leaving the house.





Hildi's is closed today because Hildi went to the Trade Show.






I should drop by my dad's office more often.





The Dry Cleaner knows my name but I don't know hers.








You can purchase an empty honey bear.








Everyone in the world fills their prescriptions where I do.





Everyone in the world seems to have a prescription to fill.







May favorite treat is still available to purchase.







Everything is smaller but, oddly, more expensive.








It is fun to chat with someone who obviously knows you, but whom you have no idea who they are.





Candy by the cash register is punishment for everyone.





People who've been in love for over 50 years are the sweetest to each other.





The shopping cart corrals are few and far between.






Wild and scary animals live in the fields next to the road.








Mom likes it when I call.







Teenagers aren't interested if you didn't look in the mirror and went shopping with
no make-up on.







Church basketball is the most violent sport ever played.






So, my FOCUS experiment turned out.
The whites are white.
The children are fed.
The deep fryer is returned to it's deep, dark hiding place.
***Note: Leaving the deep fryer on the counter for 5 days
does NOT lead to a healthy heart or smaller pants!


I'll leave you with
the most beautiful thing I learned while
"Focusing on Focusing "
...............
Sunshine is good
for the Soul!!


4 comments:

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Maybe that is my problem! Thanks for the helpful hint. Have a great day.

Em said...

Well, look at you SUNSHINE! You were quite a busy bee!

Unknown said...

So glad you made the decision to keep blogging! I too have asked myself the very same questions. I always go back to my favorite quote (and when I forget my husband or sweet sister will quote it to me).....

Dr. Seuss~ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind :)

Lacey Sue said...

LOVE it!!!! Glad you got your "focus on"! hehehehehe