Background

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Puberty VS. Pants (on the ground)

Awe, PUBERTY!
We've all been there, done that.
Some of us still have lingering trauma.
(Oh, sorry ... this post is not about me!)

Awe, PUBERTY!
You can't get around it, no matter how hard you try.


I know, for I tried to keep Tyson from entering
but alas, he did.
The voice changed...
The face changed...
It all changed!
And now he thinks he's an adult.
(Don't believe him if he tells you he is.)

Awe, PUBERTY!

Now it's trying to get a hold of my Little One.
How do I know?
Well mainly, it's the... PANTS!
I cannot keep him in them.
I buy them one week, the next week they're to short. I buy new ones, the next week they're to short. So I buy ... you get the idea.

Awe, PUBERTY!

Last Friday I had the great opportunity to spend the morning at the Jr. High (where Dill spends his days).
It was fun as I got to look at all the 8th graders and their...
PANTS!


I soon found myself tapping my toe's to the tune of

"Pants on the ground. Pants on the ground.
Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground."

At first I smiled. Then I outright giggled.

The reason being, there were NO pants on the ground!
Most were to the top of the shoe...
Many were to the ankle, showing off the sock...
A few hit the bottom of the shoe...
And NONE were hangin' on the ground.

Awe, PUBERTY!
.................................................................

While we're at it, might as well tap our toe's and smile!
Sing it with me, you know you want to!

"Pants on the ground. Pants on the ground.
Lookin' like a ... "


5 comments:

Em said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!

Lacey Sue said...

Ah, the memories, frightening - terrifying- dark memories of puberty. I too, with great shame, was the one that often had floods on, due to the ever growing legs. Ah, so glad that's over, now it's just my waistline that grows!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I don't know where you come up with all these crazy and fun titles, but I love it!!

Believe it or not, the pants over the shoe was the style in my day, showing the cool white socks. Pretty classy if I do say so myself!! Can't beat the SIXTIES!!!!!
LOVE IT, Mom

Rachel said...

Hilarious. Alas, long legs weren't one of the 'gifts' of puberty for me...I'm still SHORT! As soon as I saw your title, I started hearing that song in my head...hopefully I'll be able to get it out before I go to bed tonight. :)

Glen's Family of TEN said...

Only a mother of boys could do such a post! And a great mom at that!