Background

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The $5.00 Fairy

How the $5.00 Fairy entered the picture, I do not know. It all started very innocently the other night when Dill announced he had lost a tooth. All members of the family were in bed at the time, so I simply turned to Jeff and asked him to make sure the Tooth Fairy knew of this exciting news. Next thing I know, it's morning ... and Dillon is announcing that the Tooth Fairy left him $5.00!! Yes, $5.00 for one tooth ... that, essentially, had fallen out on it's own!

Well, surprise, surprise ... Three nights later another tooth fell out! I could clearly see that the $5.00 Fairy could quickly leave our 12 year old toothless. So, this time, I let the Tooth Fairy know the newest exciting news ... and what do you know (much to Dillon's disappointment) ... the good old $1.00 Fairy returned!

1 comment:

Jacob Butler said...

Dillon, you know it was your dad that used to yank all my teeth out at the family parties right? Although I don't remember any visits from the $5.00 fairy. I think he pulled my first few, then taught me how to do it. Since then I have pulled teeth from all my brothers and also my brother-in-law. Maybe you want to be a dentist? :) Oh, and congrats on the GRAND SLAM!!! That is awesome. I wish I could have seen it.