Background

Monday, June 30, 2008

Love Thyself

Today Dillon wanted to go to the movie. Being as busy as I am, I knew I didn't have time to sit through a movie so I told him he could take a friend and I would drop them off. It didn't take long for him to find a companion and we all headed to Tooele.

Once at the theatre, the boys jumped out of the car and I started to head back home. Then suddenly I look down and thought, "Maybe I should get a pedicure..."

LOL! LOL! LOL!

But seriously, I did pause and ask myself why I was so darn busy. At that moment, I turned the car around and treated myself to a pedicure. It may sound like a silly thing but it was, truly, a BIG TREAT ... and when I arrived home I was so much happier!

I think far to often, in our effort to love everyone else, we forget to love ourselves. However, we are commanded to "Love thy neighbor AS THYSELF" ... why is it that we so easily forget the "thyself" part of that commandment?

So, my hope for this post is that you will turn your car around and do something kind and loving for YOU! You deserve it and your feet will thank you ... mine did!

No comments: