Background

Monday, January 25, 2010

"Grumpy" saves the day!

In my archives I found this entry that was never posted.
Why? I have absolutely no idea!
But no matter, it's never to late to make things right.
So lets go back in time to last ... OCTOBER.


Halloween has come and gone. Do you see any carved pumpkins, any jack-o-lanterns? NO! I was informed this year that my children have "outgrown" that tradition. It made me GRUMPY.

Look at my 14 year old. I took this picture on Halloween night. Notice there is not a costume.
I was informed that he had also "outgrown" this tradition. It made me GRUMPY.

My family all showed up for our annual Halloween Dinner. All the little one's were in their cute costumes. They all had pumpkins that were carved sitting on the porches of their homes. I loved having them here but part of me was still GRUMPY because of the whole "outgrown attitude".

Then GRUMPY
saved the day
as he walked in with Snow White. The very sight of them brought uncontrolled laughter. "Grumpy Mom" was suddenly gone, thanks to the rather large "dwarf" and his lovely princess.

Sometimes "Grumpy" teenagers are just what we need!

Hope your Halloween was HAPPY!



1 comment:

Em said...

That still makes me laugh! What a great Grumpy!