Background

Friday, January 15, 2010

Conversations with Aunt Krista

You may or may not know that I have taken the plunge into Facebook.
I've found the greatest thing about it is the TEENAGERS!
(Yes, I've been invited to be a "Friend" to ... a few.)
Their messages are so sweet.
In fact, it got me thinking about
other tender (yet so simple) messages
I've received from some of them as of late...

History: Simple text message
Ally: "Goodnight, I love you Aunt Krista."

History: Simple text message
Maddie: "Aunt Krista, invite me to your Facebook! I love you."



Even though we live in a world of technology and most conversations are typed instead of spoken, there are a few who haven't caught on to that trend yet.
Here are some conversations with them...

Layni: Aunt Krista, can you have a sleep over at my house?
Aunt Krista: I want to, but I have to sleep with Uncle Jeff.
Layni: Well, Uncle Jeff can sleep over too... you know why?
Aunt Krista: Why?
Layni: Because I have a big girl bed and I have TWO... pillows!


History: Aunt Krista is giving Cage a ride to school.
Cage: Aunt Krista, remember you are suppose to come and pick me up AFTER school too.
Aunt Krista: Really?
Cage: Yes and then I am suppose to come to your house and play for a long time.
Aunt Krista: Are you sure? Your mom didn't tell me that.
Cage: Well, it's true. When you get home call my mom and tell her that we are suppose to do that... okay?

Oh! Don't be fooled! I don't live in Dream Land.
Not all conversations are what we'd hoped...


Aunt Krista: Gracie, who is your favorite aunt?
Gracie: Aunt Jodi. She has a kitty.
Aunt Krista: What about me?
Gracie: Nope.



But alas, sometimes it does exists ... Dream Land.
These are the best text messages I've ever received.
Not just because they were from my boys
but because they were so unexpected...




History: I was away on a trip with Jeff when I received the following text.

Dillon:
"Come Back!!"





History: Tyson had just driven off in the limo for the prom with 16 other people when I received the following text.

Tyson: " Thanks :-) "




Don't ya just love good conversation?
Speak it, type it, write it...
just be sure you SAY it!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea!!!!

I love being your Mom!! I know I was given the best when God sent you to me!!!

Thanks for blogging, I get so excited when I find a new story, it always brightens my day and brings a smile to my face!!

You are awesome and I hope you will always remember the blessing you are in my life!!

keysha said...

I love this!

Anonymous said...

I second that, I absolutely love it!

-Ally

JeaniePalmer said...

You are so right! We need to say the things we feel...even if we all do it in different ways! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Tami Searle: Love your blog...so cute!!!