Background

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I shouldn't have said that...

OUT LOUD!!

So this morning I made my list of things to do.
You know, the list you make when you don't feel like doing anything...I appreciate that a list is a list no matter what is on it. A natural high always comes no matter what task you're crossing off, humongous or teeny-tiny.
Today I opted for teeny-tiny.

Be sure to note that I never put more than 10 things on my list, EVER! You just can't accomplish more than 10 planned things in a day, so there is no reason to set yourself up for failure.
Being as I'm tired, I stopped at nine today...

However, I should have stopped at eight.
I should have known better than to say this out loud...

"Heavenly Father,
help me make someone happy today."
A simple prayer?
Yes.
A prayer that "someone" doesn't want to come to pass?
Ummmmmm, Yes! Always.

I won't go into specific detail except to say
the following things have since happened:

1. Get out of bed...
I have suddenly been overcome with a deep need for sleep, maybe I should go back to bed.

2. Make the bed...
How can I make the bed when the sheets really should be washed. I should do that. I probably should do that today.

3. Take a shower...
Oh my! I guess I should scrub the shower too. And those toenails! Paint them. Do that today. Remember you owe mom a pedicure from last Mother's Day. Put that on your list.

4. Brush Teeth...
I need to call and make dental appts. for everyone. We're all overdo. Call today. Oh and buy toothpaste too. Do you find it odd that I brush my teeth with 2 kinds of toothpaste every day? I'll explain that in another post, but not today.

5. Do Hair...
Hair flopped so I opted for a hat. Thought it was a good idea at the time until I broke the shelf in my closet reaching for it. I still put it on but I did yell, "Are you kidding me???!!!" when the shelf broke. I walked away and left all the pieces on the floor. Jeff will wonder what happened. I think I'll just throw my hands up and leave it at that. Maybe he'll pick up the pieces.

6. Put on make-up...
I put half on, looked in the mirror, quickly opted for the other half. Decided to save for a face lift in the near future. You know, I heard over the weekend that if you put "Preparation H" under your eyes it will tighten the skin there. What do you think? I may try it, I'll report back. It may help 'til I have the money for the face lift.

7. Put on clothing...
A hoodie, my old standby. And jeans. I need new ones. I really ought to run to Tooele. Speaking of Tooele, I need to take a bunch of laundry up and buy Dillon a new fan light. Did I mention I broke his last Friday? That was part of the "Are you kidding me?!" yell in #5. So he has been using this lamp from the Family Room for over a week. Yes, I ought to go to Tooele.

8. Open the blinds...
Do I really dare? If I say "Are you kidding me?!" again I'm likely to pass out.

9. Pray...
I already did that and it led to all of thee above.

In hindsight, maybe there should be a #10 after all.
Maybe it will clear up the confusion of #1-#9.
Yes, let's do it!

Done.

Now, re-write list for today...

1. Make someone happy.
Please tell me that someone is YOU so I can call it good and go back to bed!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me smile, if that helps!

Amanda said...

I love your insight. It did make me smile. Sometimes my husband asks "why is shower on you to-do list?" Clearly he doesn't understand that if it's not on the list it doens't get done. Especially with a 5,4, and 2 yr old. Thanks for the great post! Made my day.

Jenn said...

I have to say I was feeling the same way today!! Except for "are you kidding me", mine was..."why is this happening to me"!! You made me smile at least and I am so glad you are back to blogging!! I missed you! Just know that you are loved and the gray skies are going to clear up for the both of us!!{I hope}

jefferies family said...

I too am glad your back... your posts always make me smile!! And I must say... you have beautiful feet!

JeaniePalmer said...

You made me happy and you made me smile! That is a double bonus!

Em said...

Are you kidding???? You always make me happy! Call me!

Rachel said...

You made ME happy, so call it a day accomplished and go back to bed! :)

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Oh Krista, I love your blog. Your sense of humor; you are such a cleaver person and so entertaining. Thanks for always reminding me of the important things in life. PRAYER!!! How can any of us live without it?

You have helped many out today, so if you feel like climbing back in to bed, go for it. My vote is that you continue to inspire, encourage and set the example for all of us, just like you do.

Anonymous said...

Unable to talk or walk, I decided to crawl back to bed. In my moment of silence I thought it would be a good idea to listen to the new primary song I am teaching so I got the computer.

How can I ever not hit the button for "The Hutchins"?

Well, it cheered my day also and reminded me of the pedicure I have to look forward to!

Talking about PRAYER, should I pray for my voice back or not, and my legs, they keep me in one place for a long time and today I think it will be in BED!!

I think every one would just as soon me PRAY that nothing changes!! It is so quiet and not once has to do a thing. What an awesome day for dad and grandma.

The skies the limit. As for hair and makeup, I look as lousey as I feel!! Love ya Mom

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!! Reading it always makes me smile. Thanks for being you!!