Background

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Should I? I am married!!

The other night Jeff had taken Dill to the Jazz game,
Ty was at practice and
I found myself home alone.

Unexpectedly, a guy I'd met about 18 months ago dropped by.
It was cold out and he was shivering so I invited him in.
We chatted and laughed for quite awhile.
I can't deny, it was so good to see him!

After an hour or so it was time for him to leave.
However, it was plain to see he didn't want to go.
And then, he started to cry!!
It caught me a little off-guard, but I went with it.
I felt so bad that I held him in my arms for a while
and he ran his fingers through my hair.

He then made it clear that he wished
we could just have dinner together.
I'm thinking...
"Should I? Shouldn't I? I am a married woman!"

But alas, his tears got the best of me.
Then the kiss he laid on me really sealed the deal
and I found myself saying...
"What the heck! Can you make eggs?"
.......................................

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit you had me going for a minute!! I wondered what was going on with my daughter, my heart was beating and I was praying you really wouldn't go to dinner with him!!

How blessed to know it was with such a special, handsome young man!! How could anyone turn him down.

Hope it was delicious, it looks delightful!!

Em said...

You kill me! I am so glad you are blogging again.....I have missed you!

Taylor said...

hahah I love you! You are a fabulous aunt. I couldn't refuse that little blondie either. :)

Rachel said...

Hey, he's short, blonde and handsome...what's the harm, right?! That's hilarious.

Shaun said...

That's the funniest post I've read in about a year! maybe more! I love you! Lincoln really loves you too! :)
Emily