Background

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"MomZilla"


We had a few days left before Christmas when suddenly
I realized my sons were set up to "receive" this year and not "give" a single thing.
The thought horrified me!

So I loaded them up, drove them to Salt Lake and gave them explicit instructions. They were each to purchase 3 gifts, one of which was for each other. The gifts were to be carefully thought out, picked out and purchased by them and them alone.


Things were going well... for a MINUTE.

However, the boys quickly teamed up in an effort to make sure they'd like the gifts they were exchanging. They decided the best way to make this happen would be to pick out their OWN gift and hand it to the other brother to purchase.

In a matter of minutes my wonderful, hands on,
lesson had fallen apart... and so had I!

I huffed and puffed... and huffed and puffed... and huffed and puffed. Did I mention that
I huffed and puffed?

As I walked through Costco
my 2 weasel sons
followed close behind.

The big one kept reaching over my head and roaring, as the little one would laugh and repeat "something".


This scene repeated itself several times until I realized what was being said... and acted out. It was this:
Dillon would announce that his mother had turned into...
followed by Tyson roaring (like a "MomZilla" does), followed by an eruption of laughter from the 2 of them.

When I realized what was happening,
I whipped around and informed them
they had crossed the line!

Then I...
huffed and puffed again...
maybe even roared...
turned my back on them...
and smiled.
They make me happy.



"Mom-Zilla"?

... Oh please!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard that one!!!

I guess I must be Gran-Zilla, huh!

Fits me OK. I've been called worse!!

Natalie said...

This made me laugh out loud! Oh, I'm sure those days are just around the corner for me. You handled it well.

Anonymous said...

Christine Johnson Clark: ROFLOL I have been there too Krista. Kids! Can't live with em, Can't live WITHOUT them.