Background

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Adults don't get new socks.

Exhibit A: Jeff
Will the court please note for the record that Jeff is an ADULT

My sweet husband has a toenail that could slice through an alligator with lightening speed. With that said, you'll understand why he can't wear a pair of socks more than a few times.

A few years ago he was given a gift card. Upon entering the store and finding nothing to buy, he purchased socks... $8 a pair socks. A little pricey you say? I normally would side with you. However, these have been the only socks the toenail hasn't been able to penetrate. They quickly became Jeff's favorite.

That was well over 8 years ago. The socks have been worn and worn and worn OUT, until they can no longer be called actual socks. You can see it in this picture, it looks like he's not even wearing socks (lol).
----------------------------

Exhibit B: Krista
Will the court please note for the record that Krista is an ADULT

Usually I wear those little short socks. However, on occasion, I have need for a crew length to cover my ankle. I expressed this to Jeff some 8 years ago and he, in turn, brought me home 6 pair of crew length socks. I really love them.

I wore the one usable pair just last week. Again, I don't think they can really be called socks at this point.
----------------------------

Exhibit C: Tyson
Will the court please note for the record that Ty is NOT an adult and don't believe him if he tells you he is.

Notice that Tyson has socks. Would they be $8 a pair like the above mentioned father? No. However, this young lad has over 100 pair of socks. Any holes? No. Can they all still be called actual socks? Oh, yes indeedy!
----------------------------

Exhibit D: Dillon
Will the court please note for the record that Dill is NOT an adult.

Notice Dillon is also wearing socks, another lad who has over 100 pair. Identical story as that stated above.

On a side note: I once mentioned that maybe the 2 lads could share their socks, since they're the same the size and all. Now picture with me how a lion would look if it were about to eat you. Ummmm yeah, that's how they looked at me.
----------------------------

The Case:
So, yesterday I was shopping when I ran across some crew length socks that were just my size. I quickly and quietly slipped them into my cart. Then I pondered. Eventually I met up with my (shopping for no reason/partner in crime) Assistant. I held up the SIX pack bag of socks... and said,
"Do you think these are worth $2.00?"
I think she rolled her eyes before she replied,
"YES!"

And... last Father's Day Jeff received several new pair of the $8 a pair socks.
So now we're all good.
Jeff and I - for another 8 years.
Ty and Dill - for another 8 days.


5 comments:

Scottfunkel said...

Footjoys huh. I'm gonna have to check those out.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your boys have that many.....Ben just made a huge investment on socks at Cabela's for cold, winter days @ work. They were pricey, but neccessary:) I hate un-mated socks and need to throw the extras away:)

Em said...

You are HILARIOUS!!!! Don't you just love the simple joys of life?

Lacey Sue said...

You guys crack me up!! Thanks for the smile, I needed it!

Anonymous said...

From Facebook:

Jenny Syndergaard Hatch: I just got on your blog and enjoyed my time there very much. I pressed the button to go to your favorite blog post and it was the best decision of my morning.

Allison Ware Rasmussen: Krista, just wanted you to know I've been stalking your blog for months!!!!!! If you see a visitor from the Netherlands it's just me! I totally enjoy your posts and you always bring a smile to my face. You keep me up to speed on what's happening in my little home town. THANK YOU!

Allison Ware Rasmussen: Oh, I also clicked on your button for your favorite post and it brought me to tears! About 5 years ago I went with some youth from Idaho as a ma. I enjoyed the experience tremendously. Thanks for bringing back some great memories!