Background

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Science Fair ... ALIVE! ALIVE!

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! As soon as I typed my threat against Jeff not being home for the "Hatching of the Cocoon" the thought came to me, "Krista, don't type it, you'll cause it to happen." ... and WHAT DO YOU KNOW???!!!

Ty brought Tenille home tonight, she was there the day we caught the caterpillar. I wanted to show her the progress we've made so I picked up the little home and staring back at me was our newly hatched little friend! Did I drop the little home? ... almost. I did scream? ... squealed. What I was thrilled? ... yes!

Meet Mitch.


He is a Hummingbird Moth. We knew he would be but wanted you all to be surprised. He's pretty big, about an inch and a half long. He has a fat, fuzzy body. Jeff will be home in the morning. We are going to let him free Mitch into the wild... mainly because none of us want to touch him (LOL). I will take a picture so you can all see the fond farewell of these two summer friends!

Will we ever have another Summer Science Fair Project? ... Probably. It was a silly threat.

1 comment:

Em said...

Go Mitch! That moth is cool! I am glad the project was a success! Looking forward to the next one!

Em