Background

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Here is the car, buy it!

You all know of the terrible dilemma it has been for us to buy a new car.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm truly mourning as I have to say goodbye to my Pilot. But the lease is up and it's time.

So, we went in shopping last week (see "Tender Mercy" post) and it was a nightmare. We looked at the new Pilot, which was what we originally planned to buy. However, the body style changed this year and they are just not the same. Then we started looking at the Toyota Camry but they weren't able to find what we wanted. In fact they said, "Oh, that car doesn't exist within a 350 mile radius of here." So then we went back to the Pilot... then back to the Camry... back to the Pilot... back to the Camry... you can see the pattern. It was at this point that I grumpily said "I just want to go home."

On that next Monday we went to Provo to take Ty to Baseball Camp. Jeff mentioned that we ought to drive by the Toyota Dealership, so we did. We got out and looked around but, of course, nothing. As we were walking back to our car, the miracle happened ... parked almost next to our car was the car we had been looking for. The car that "didn't exist within a 350 mile radius". It was amazing! We stood there shaking our heads. We really felt that the Lord was telling us what what we should do... in other words, "Here is the car, buy it." So, we did.

We will miss our Pilot and all the fun we had with it ... but we feel so PEACEFUL in this new car ... knowing that the Lord set it aside for us.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Taylor and I love the car, excellent choice! It was meant to be, you look great in it. I really love your blog, you'll have to teach me some of your tricks. It was great to see you, have a great 4th!

Taylor said...

Sorry to comment again, but if you liked Twilight then I think you might like the Uglies, Pretties and Specials books by Scott Westerfeld.