Background

Sunday, April 5, 2009

PEACE ... Be Still.


After spending 8 hours with the Apostles of the Lord I feel one thing...
PEACE.

I, of course, loved hearing our beloved Prophet. I couldn't hold back the tears as he related one touching story after another. As I sat and listened to him I made a commitment to never complain again about the hardships of motherhood. His words made me realize that if I'm having hardships as a mother then, obviously, my children are alive and by my side. I now realize, more than ever, that that is not a blessing to be taken lightly.


My favorite talk, though, was from Jeffrey R. Holland. He gave me so much to think about concerning The Savior... things I never realized... things that will forever change my life and relationship with Him. For now I understand more fully that I, unlike Christ, will never truly be left alone or forsaken. He took care of that and He did it, not for himself, but completely for me.

The message I will walk away with this conference is quite simple...
Hang in there.
You are not alone.
Let the temple bring you peace.

I am so thankful for a loving Father in Heaven who inspires His Disciples to speak the words I most need to hear. How I love this weekend every April and how I love The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you, Krista. After listening to conference, I wanted to go to the Temple and just STAY THERE!

When I lived in TX, I didn't have cable, satellite, or internet. I would get dressed up and go to the Stake Center to watch conference. Although I really enjoy being able to watch it from home, a part of me misses being surrounded by my 'church family'. But you are right - we are not alone.

Lacey Sue said...

It was a fabulous conference!!! I felt the stirrings of the spirit straight from the first opening hymn, to the closing prayer on the last session- It was amazing. The hope, the faith, and the determination these wonderful brethren ask us to have is a simple thing really. I love them all!