Background

Friday, January 14, 2011

China, Batman and A Colon Cleanse

I just read someones blog and it made me reminisce.
It was titled
"Our New Years Eve Dinner Party"


There were pictures of everyone in fancy hats
pictures of a "magazine worthy" table setting
pictures of candles, china and gifts
pictures of entertainment and toasting.
----------------------
Yes it caused me to reminisce.
For we had a New Years Eve just like that.
----------------------
It was a party...

We had dinner.
  • Catered is just a fancy word for potluck.  Right?



We had fancy hats.
  • Crowns & Top Hats, you can't get fancier than that!


We were magazine-ish
  • I've seen plenty a folding chair in magazines!



We had candles.
  • For the birthday kids Grandpa, Aunt Tamee & Ty.



We had china.
  • Glass ... plastic, who can really tell the difference?



We had gifts.
  • Austin opened this classic white elephant! It'll never be beat!


We had entertainment.
  • Wouldn't be a party without hearing Grandpa's favorite, "Trashy Women".



We had toasting.
  • Jeff accidentally froze the grape juice but hey, you can't beat slush! 




 So you see ... we're fancy!
PLUS...




We had
BATMAN!


We had
REINDEER!



We had
COLON CLEANSE
MAN!


We had some little boy
BOXING!


We had, from across the globe
COUSINS! 




 And BEST of all...
We had lots and lots of LOVE! 






All in all, we had a GREAT
and what I would consider to be
a FANCY
New Years Eve

(DANG!  I lied again!)
Here's wishing you a wonderful
2011


Surely you know we're just drinking
Sparking Cider!

I just have to clear that up since I was accused one day of letting my kids drink coffee ... it's hot cocoa people!

(really, I'm not lying this time!)

4 comments:

Natalie said...

WOW! Krista you are on a blogging roll! Great Job! I love seeing all about your life and cute family. i miss you guys...we are done in 4 months and Utah bound!

Unknown said...

Your fancy looks like my fancy and boy so much more fun that magazine fancy!!!!

Em said...

What a fun time! I just noticed that my background is the same as yours.....I will look for a different one. I am happy to see your blog updated.

Natalie said...

Looks like fun! I am so glad you post all those great pictures we don't get to see everyone nearly enough. Now it doesn't feel like it has been so long;)